Russia launched four ballistic missiles on 26 October as part of large-scale war games involving the countrys strategic forces. The nuclear capable missiles were launched from the Plesetsk cosmodrome in western Russia, hitting a target at the Kura military testing range on the Kamchatka Peninsula thousands of kilometres away.
Oct 27, 2017
President Donald Trump on Thursday (26 October) ordered the unveiling of 2,800 documents related to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy but yielded to pressure from the FBI and CIA to block the release of some information to be reviewed further over the next 180 days. Trump allowed the immediate release of the secret files by the National Archives on 26 October following a last-minute scramble to meet a deadline set by the Congress in 1992.
Oct 27, 2017
Former President George HW Bush was accused this week of sexually assaulting a woman and the man now sitting in the Oval Office has more than a dozen women accusing him of sexual misconduct. But long before public allegations against presidents became more common, the legacy of alleged sexual abuse and harassment from men leading the nation stretches back to Americas earliest days, spanning leaders both iconic and obscure.
Oct 26, 2017
Brain Clayton, a protester from a group called Americans take Action, was taken into custody following the incident.
Oct 25, 2017
Government announces Rs 2.11 lakh crore recapitalisation for PSBs: PM Modi plays big gamble on job front?
From GST jibes to mocking 'Dramebaaz party', here are instances of war of words between BJP and Congress
- Sack Rekha Sharma: NCW chief faces backlash over misogynistic tweets
- Three killed, 15 injured after massive explosion in Karachi's Maskan Chowrangi area
- Pak Army vs Sindh Police: Pakistan on brink of civil war; what's happening | Explained
- Mother kills autistic son, self; she was battling severe depression [full story]
- Sirens blare, houses shake: Massive 7.5 magnitude quake jolts Alaska; prompts tsunami fears | Watch