'Current leaders have resorted to cheap and dirty politics,' says Robert Vadra about Haryana minister's Gandhi comment
After eight years in office US President Barack Obama published his final weekly message on Saturday, 14 January 2017.
Jan 14, 2017
Haryana Minister Anil Vij says Mahatma Gandhi will be removed from currency notes; PM Modi a bigger brand
West Bengal communalised? Imam fatwa and 'excommunication' combines with Islamised textbooks for children
US Secretary of Defense nominee James Mattis has told the US Senate Armed Services Committee that he has a very, very high degree of confidence in U.S. intelligence and put Russia at the top of a list of threats to Americas interests. Also on 12 January, Mattis was given a waiver to allow him to serve as Donald trumps secretary of defense, despite having retired as a Marine General in 2013. The panel voted 24-3 to waive a law on civilian control of the U.S. military that would have barred Mattis from assuming the position for seven years after his active duty service. The waiver must still be approved by the full Senate, the House of Representatives Armed Services Committee and the full House to allow Mattis to serve if he is confirmed to lead the Pentagon.
Jan 13, 2017
Russia has reacted negatively to the US deployment of troops in Europe. The troops from the Third Armor Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, based in Fort Carson, Colorado, US, along with hundreds of armoured vehicles and tanks, were moved from the US to Germany last week for transit by rail and road to Poland and elsewhere in eastern Europe.
Jan 13, 2017
19 hours ago
- India vs West Indies: Shimron Hetmeyer scores hundred to hand hosts a tough chase
- End of 'Good Times'? Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya might lose swanky London mansion
- Delhi sees a dramatic dip in murders and thefts; police claim a 20-75% drop in crime rate
- Uttar Pradesh: Monkeys stone man to death; victim's family files FIR against them
- Who is Noor Inayat Khan? Indian-origin spy and World War II hero may feature on £50 note
- World's longest sea-crossing bridge opens between Hong Kong, China
- Cloaking technology? Clouds shaped like alien UFO mothership spotted in California skies
- TV News anchor spots UFO live on Argentine channel, conspiracy theorists claim it alien existence
- Uttar Pradesh on high alert for Zika virus; AAI to monitor passengers showing symptoms