Former US President Barack Obama said on Thursday (May 25) he was concerned about how technology advances had made it easier for people to retreat into our own bubbles. In his first speech in Europe since leaving the White House, he also warned against taking peace and prosperity for granted.
May 26, 2017
In a speech during the campaign trail for the upcoming German elections, Chancellor Angela Merkel announced that she believes Europe should look after itself and not rely on others, for example the US or UK. I can only say that we Europeans must really take our fate into our own hands, Merkel said one day after the end of the G7 summit in Sicily.
May 28, 2017
Acknowledging Kashmir issue a challenge for Modi govt, Rajnath says Centre will come up with 'permanent solution'
Sri Lanka floods: Thankfully, Indian media did not go on a PR overdrive as it had during Nepal quake
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has taken full responsibility for soldiers actions on Mindanao island. He declared martial law on the island currently engulfed in fighting between soldiers and Islamist militants. Duterte warned soldiers not to rape women and told them to shoot anyone resisting arrest. Human rights groups warn martial law could lead to abuse by security forces. Isis-affiliated extremists took control of parts of the city of Marawi earlier in the week. At least 80 people have been killed in the fighting so far and many civilians have been displaced.
May 27, 2017
Around 1,100 hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners ended their 40-day fast. They reached a compromise with Israel on additional family visits. Israel agreed to allow the inmates a second family visit each per month. 18 prisoners are being treated in hospital because of the hunger strike.Palestinians rallied behind the hunger strikers as national heroes. More than 6,000 Palestinians are currently in prison for offences linked to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
May 27, 2017
Armed and unarmed officers have been deployed on British railways on 26 May, after the suicide bombing attack in Manchester that killed 22 people. Police will patrol major stations and trains across the country today to reassure the public, as the threat level in the U.K. remains at Critica.
May 26, 2017
- Back to School offer: OnePlus 6 now becomes more affordable for college students in India
- Meghan Markle plans to return to United States with Prince Harry in 2019
- Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton's 'Royal Wedding Photo' goes viral on social media
- 99-million-year-old baby snake fossil found, sheds light into lost world [Video]
- US offers India top of the line MQ-9 Reaper armed drones
- Threats of converting to Islam forced us to come to India: Afghan Sikhs
- Newly-wed wife thrashes husband for having extra-marital affair [VIDEO]
- Werewolf monster spotted in Tennessee woods terrifies eyewitness
- Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un and Moon Jae-in trilateral summit on the cards?