Science & Health
Discovery of dwarf galaxies orbiting a huge galaxy challenges long-held theory of 'bees around a hive'
Stargazers from all over the world looked up at the morning sky to find a super blue blood moon. The event is marked by three phenomena that coincided to create a dazzling visual of the moon.
Feb 1, 2018
Super Blue Blood Moon 2018: Breathtaking pictures of the lunar trilogy from across the world [Photos]
Curiosity Project Scientist Ashwin Vasavada gives a descriptive tour of the Mars rovers view in Gale Crater. The white-balanced scene looks back over the journey so far. The view from Vera Rubin Ridge looks back over buttes, dunes and other features along the route.
Jan 31, 2018
Exoplanets in Transits and their Atmospheres – ExTra is the ESOs newest baby and consists of three next-gen telescopes, specially designed to look for Earth-sized alien worlds orbiting red dwarf stars. The telescopes will be focusing on searching for M dwarf planets, which are small bright stars commonly found in the Milky Way galaxy. These stars are considered to be the most likely candidates to host Earth-sized planets, which in turn could likely be potentially habitable.
Jan 26, 2018
What is ExTra? New next-gen telescopes that will look for potentially habitable Earth-sized alien worlds
- Watch: Deep-sea anglerfish caught mating in first ever video
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- 2 billion-year old salt reveals how ancient Earth evolved life-sustaining oxygen
- Is freezing your hunger nerve the new replacement for Keto diet?