Researchers have found evidence of ice on the dwarf planet of Ceres. The planet, which is located in the asteroid belt between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, has an upper surface rich in hydrogen with higher concentrations at mid-to-high latitudes, scientists believe.
Dec 16, 2016
Science & Health
Huge and rare diamonds form extremely deep below the surface of the Earth, scientists have found. The largest stones form depths below 250Km – more than twice as deep as smaller diamonds. At these depths the diamonds form in areas saturated with liquid metal, traces of which scientists have observed trapped in the waste offcuts of the world’s biggest diamonds when they are sent to be cut.
Dec 16, 2016
A mile-high underwater volcano has been caught in the act of erupting. Two new papers show how the sea floor buckles and cracks when magma forces through a fault line between tectonic plates.
Dec 15, 2016
Evolutionary biologists also reveal why they have no teeth or pelvic fin.
Dec 14, 2016
- Magnetic storm this weekend will be no cause for concern
- Stephen Hawking's predictions about alien life: A round-up post physicist's death
- Stephen Hawking family: Elaine Mason, Jane Wilde and his children
- NOAA explains why geomagnetic storm won't hit Earth on March 18
- Are aliens real? Three-fingered mummified bodies not human, test reveals