You can catch the lastest updates here:
- Condolences and last respects will be paid on Wednesday, February 28, from 9.30 am to 12.30 am at Garden No 5, Lokhandwala Complex in Andheri
- Sridevi's last journey will begin at 2 pm from the venue
- Her cremation ceremony will take place at 3.30 pm at Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium and Hindu Cemetery, Next to Pawan Hans, SV Road, Vile Parle West
The latest updates:
- Hundreds of fans and a huge media contingent have gathered outside Boney Kapoor's residence
- Arjun Kapoor, Anil Kapoor and other members of the family have reached Boney Kapoor's residence with Sridevi's mortal remains. Check out the photos here
- According to CNN-News18, green corridor has been set up to ensure clear pathway for the ambulance carrying Sridevi's body
- Sridevi's mortal remains being taken to her residence in Lokhandwala, Mumbai
- Sonam Kapoor's rumored boyfriend Anand Ahuja has reached Boney Kapoor's residence.
- Sridevi's mortal remains will be taken from Gate No. 8 of the airport. Security beefed up outside the airport after the crowd gathered to catch a glimpse of the actress.
- Sridevi's body will be reportedly taken to Green Acres in Lokhandwala from Mumbai airport
- Security beefed up outside Mumbai airport
- Private jet carrying Sridevi's mortal remains landed at Mumbai airport
- Kapoor family members, including Sonam Kapoor, have reached the airport. Anil Ambani, whose aircraft is carrying the mortal remains of the actress, has also reached the airport.
- Actor Rishi Kapoor, who worked with Sridevi in the popular films like Chandni and Naagin, slammed media on Twitter.
The Media(electronic/print)behaved badly with me during these three days after Sridevi ji passed away. I accept I worked with her in two Iconic films but that doesn’t mean I be hawked for a quote or reaction. My prerogative to speak or not. Mobile rang incessantly whilst at work— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) February 27, 2018
- According to TV media reports, the chartered plane will arrive before 9.45 pm IST
- Ambulance from Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital will be there at the airport to get Sridevi's body at her Lokhandwala home in Andheri
- Anil Kapoor has reached airport to complete the formalities
- Arjun Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor accompanying Boney Kapoor with mortal remains
- Katrina Kaif, Sara Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar arrive at Anil Kapoor's residence
Sridevi's body en route to Mumbai airport
- All the formalities and procedures are complete. Sridevi's mortal remains are en route to Mumbai.
- Dubai Public Prosecution approved the release of the body after the thorough investigation into the circumstances of Sridevi's death.
- The body is expected to reach Mumbai by tonight 10 pm, and the last rites will be performed on Wednesday afternoon.
- Last respects to Sridevi will be paid at Celebrations Sports club in Mumbai between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm on Wednesday.
- Cremation will be held at Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium after 3:30 pm.
Now that the Dubai Public Prosecution has completed all the formalities, I request my friends in media and my friend Subramanian Swamy to please stop making false allegations. #Sridevi Ji's body will arrive tonight & her last rites will be performed tomorrow afternoon: Amar Singh pic.twitter.com/W1plyn4BDd— ANI (@ANI) February 27, 2018
- Sridevi's body will be taken for embalming. It takes 90 minutes to complete the embalming process. The bodily fluids are drained out through the veins and embalming fluid which contains a mixture of formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, methanol, and other solvents are pumped in through the arteries, as part of the process.
- Boney Kapoor and his family have received Sridevi's body, say reports.
- Indian consulate officials and Sridevi's family members have reached at the morgue to collect her body. An ambulance has also arrived at the morgue to take the body to the embalming unit, reported Khaleej Times.
- The body will be embalmed in Muhaisna unit and will be flown to India on Tuesday night. I
Update: Dubai Police has handed over the Consulate and the family members letters for the release of the mortal remains of the Indian cinema icon Sridevi Boney Kapoor so that they can proceed for embalming.— India in Dubai (@cgidubai) February 27, 2018
- The Kapoor family has been given a clearance letter by the Dubai public prosecutors.
- The media report also added that CCTV footage from the hotel are being examined.
- Injury marks have been found on Sridevi's body, reported Asianet. The Malyalam news channel also said that there was a deep wound on the actress' head.
- Media reports have said that the prosecutors have not yet given clearance to the Kapoor family.
- The Times of India report had claimed that Sridevi's family including Boney Kapoor had been questioned on Monday. Though International Business Times India could not confirm it, Khaleej Times had said that Boney Kapoor was not interrogated by Dubai police on Monday. He had provided his testimony on his wife's death only on Sunday morning.
- Meanwhile MP Subramanian Swamy's statement about Sridevi's relationship with Dawood Ibrahim has not gone down well with many Twitter users.
Subramanian Swamy never loses an opportunity to come to the lime light, he is a self obsessed person who only loves himself, his statement about Sri Devi’s death is highly reckless & irresponsible !!— Kamal Mehta (@Kamalcmehta) February 27, 2018
Swami ji is expert in solving Hotel Murder mysteries , he should quit politics and start writing murder novels, he can be next Indian Hercule Hercule Poirot .— RaG (@rahulvg) February 27, 2018
- According to the Dubai Police, the body of the veteran actor will not be released until all those involved in the case are cleared after questioning, said UAE reports.
- Sridevi's stepson Arjun Kapoor headed to Dubai on Tuesday morning, reported News 18.
Actor Arjun Kapoor left for Dubai, this morning, says Yash Raj Films' PRO, further added that, 'he has gone there to be with his father at the hotel while the formalities are being wrapped up and to oversee the return journey.' #Sridevi (File Pic) pic.twitter.com/nGDqXTc3tM— ANI (@ANI) February 27, 2018
- The Dubai Public Prosecution will issue its investigation reports in a short time, said Khaleej Times.
- Media reports claim that Sridevi's body may be released in another two or three hours.
- Khaleej Times has asked the Indian media to remain patient regarding the coverage of Bollywood diva Sridevi's cause of death.
- The officials also added that the Dubai police is sticking to the standard protocols as the Sridevi's death is a sensitive issue.
"They need to be 100 percent sure before handing over the body to the family. Considering the highly sensitive nature of the case, Dubai Police is leaving no stone unturned to help the family," an the official was quoted as saying by the UAE-based news outlet.
- The Indian Consulate officials and family members Sridevi are still waiting to receive a clearance letter from the Dubai Public Prosecution, reported Khaleej Times.
- Media reports have also said that Boney Kapoor has become a subject of interest to the Dubai police.
- In fact, Swamy also added that Sridevi's and fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's relationship should also be probed.
- Subramanian Swamy, a Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha has also said that Sridevi never used to consume alcohol.
Let's wait for prosecution to pronounce it. Facts in media doesn't appear to be consistent. She never drank hard liquor, how did it enter her system? What happened to CCTV? Doctors suddenly appeared before media & said she died of heart failure: Subramanian Swamy on #Sridevi pic.twitter.com/ELMQtesPpZ— ANI (@ANI) February 27, 2018
- A probe is also being conducted to find out the three-hour delay in calling the police, said Khaleej Times.
- The Bollywood veteran actress' body is still kept in the mortuary, said Khaleej Times. In fact, prosecutors have said that another forensic test must be carried out.
- According to reports, Sridevi's body may be held back in Dubai for another day.
- The Dubai Public Prosecution has said that it will conduct further investigations and are probing the circumstances that caused the 54-year-old actress to drown in the bathtub.
"The investigation is still going on to determine the circumstances surrounding the accident as the forensic report only says that she drowned," an official told Gulf News.
- India's Ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Singh Suri has asked people not to speculate over Sridevi's death. He even urged people to be responsible."
The media interest in untimely demise of #Sridevi is understandable. But the frenzy of speculation does not help. Imp to note that:— IndAmbUAE (@navdeepsuri) February 26, 2018
1. We are working with local authorities to ensure that mortal remains can be sent to India at the earliest. We are on the job.
2. We are in regular contact with the family of #Sridevi and other well- wishers. We share their pain.— IndAmbUAE (@navdeepsuri) February 26, 2018
3. Our experience in similar cases tells us that it does take 2-3 days to complete processes
4. We leave it to the experts to determine cause of demise
Let's be responsible
- Ever since the news of the "accidental drowning" hit the headlines, the social media has been ripe with speculations about Sridevi's death.
- The officials at the Indian Embassy are in continuous touch with authorities in Dubai to get the clearance as soon as possible.
- Though her body was scheduled to be flown to India on Monday, it was held back after the authorities delayed the clearance for repatriation of the body on February 26.
- Sridevi's mortal remains are kept at Dubai's forensic department, Khaleej Times reported. The embalming process is likely to take place on Tuesday.
- Several Bollywood celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Khan, Anant Ambani, Shabana Azmi, Karisma Kapoor, Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone visited the Kapoor family on Monday to offer their condolences.