New Delhi, Feb 24 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 29.55 points up to stand at 29,004.66. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 7.15 points up to stand at 8,761.25. RELIGARE and KSCL were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 6.09% and 5.91% along with PMCFIN and ADANI ENTERPRISES LTD with an increase of 4.94% and 4.85% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include TVSMOTOR and PIPAVAVDOC with a decrease of 6.95% and 5.54% along with JINDAL STEEL and ALSTOM T&D INDIA LTD. with a decrease of 5.16% and 4.50% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 43.46 points at 19,653.53 while the banking sector is down 22.37 points at 21,639.66 and the reality sector is up at 9.77 points at 1,751.60. The Indian currency is up 0.03 % at Rs 62.30 per dollar.
Feb 24, 2015
- Rupee weakened against dollar in choppy weekly trade
- Reliance battles Comcast, Sony for a substantial stake in Zee
- Major boost to govt exchequer as RBI approves Rs 28,000 crore interim dividend
- Pulwama terror attack: Widespread anger could lead to a surge in support for PM Modi, BJP
- Banks may resist RBI pressure to cut lending rate despite repo rate reduction