After weeks of drama, the Karnataka Cabinet was finally formed on Wednesday, June 6. A total of 25 MLAs - 9 from JD(S), 14 from Congress, one from BSP and an independent candidate - took oath as cabinet ministers at Raj Bhavan in Bengaluru.
The Congress-JD(S) coalition decided to split the 34 cabinet ministries in the ratio of 2:1. The Congress took the lion's share of the ministry with 22 berths while the JD (S) settled for 12, including the post of the Chief Minister.
- DK Shivakumar was the Minister of Energy in Karnataka during the Siddaramaiah cabinet. He contested from the Kanakapura constituency.
- RV Deshpande is the former Minister for Medium & Heavy Industries, he contested from the Haliyal constituency.
- KJ George - he earlier held the post of Minister for Bengaluru Development and Town Planning, and the former Home Minister of Karnataka. He contested from the Sarvagnanagar constituency.
- Krishna Byre Gowda - He was the Minister of Agriculture of Karnataka. He is an MLA from the Byatarayanapura Constituency.
- Shivanand Patil - He is an MLA from the Basavana Bagevadi constituency.
- Priyank Kharge - He was the Minister of State for Information Technology and Tourism in Karnataka. He represented Chitapur Constituency in Gulbarga district.
- U T Khadar - He was the Minister of Food and Public Distribution in Karnataka. He contested from the Mangalore constituency.
- Zamir Ahmed Khan - He was a former party member of the JD(S) who later joined the Congress. He is an MLA from Chamarajpet.
- Puttaranga Shetty - He is an MLA from the Chamarajanagar who had won 45 percent of the votes.
- Shivashankara Reddy - He is the former deputy speaker of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly. He contested from the Gauribidanur constituency.
- Jayamala - She is the only female MLA to take oath as the minister in the newly-formed cabinet.
- RB Patil - He won the elections from Humnabad constituency in Bidar district.
- Venkataramanappa - He represented the Pavagada constituency in Tumkur district.
- Ramesh Jarkiholi - He is a four-term member of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly who represented Gokak assembly in Belgaum.
- HD Revanna - He represents the Holenarasipur Hassan district constituency and is the elder brother of chief minister HD Kumaraswamy.
- GT Devegowda -- He is the MLA from Chamundeshwari constituency in Mysuru district.
- Bandappa Kashampur -- He was a former agriculture minister of the state. He won the elections from Bidar (South) constituency.
- CS Puttaraju -- He won the elections from Melukote constituency in Mandya district.
- Venkatrao Nadagowda -- He is an MLA from Sindhanur constituency in Raichur district.
- Sa Ra Mahesh -- He won the elections from Krishnarajanagara constituency in Mysuru district.
- SR Srinivas -- He represents the Gubbi constituency and is a four-time member of the Karnataka legislative assembly.
- MC Managuli -- He is an MLA from the Sindagi constituency.
- DC Thammanna -- He is an MLA from Maddur constituency
- N Mahesh - He is the Bahujan Samaj Party's lone MLA from Kollegala constituency.
- R Shankar - He is the lone MLA from the Karnataka Praja Janata Paksha party who contested from the Rannibennur constituency.