Cristiano Ronaldo was honoured by his home of Funchal, in Madeira, on 29 March, when the island’s international airport was renamed in his honour. The Real Madrid star spoke at a ceremony at the airport attended by fans and officials, including Portugal’s president and prime minister.A bronze bust of Ronaldo was also unveiled at the ceremony. Its unusual appearance attracted plenty of comment in the media and online.
Mar 29, 2017
Jose Mourinho wants to raid North London for this England international in the summer transfer window
See how Indian MPs are kicking off Mission XI Million initiative to spread football to all parts of the country [VIDEOS]
FIFA South American World Cup qualifiers results: Argentina crash to Bolivia without Messi as Brazil qualify
A friendly match between the Ivory Coast and Senegal in Paris on 27 March was abandoned after fans invaded the pitch.The source of this video, l’Equipe journalist Herve Penot, first reported disturbances during the first half. The start of the second half was then delayed, with video showing security staff removing a number of people from the pitch.The game continued, but was abandoned after 88 minutes when, as seen in the footage, larger numbers gained the field and the track around it.
Mar 28, 2017
- 2019 Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted; to get Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), cosmetic updates
- Nissan Kicks SUV India launch nears; production starts at Chennai plant
- Mahindra Marazzo shines in Global NCAP crash test with 4-star safety rating
- Thousands of women from Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam trafficked and sold as brides in China
- Not Dhoni or Ganguly but THIS captain is the best for Gautam Gambhir
- India vs Australia 1st Test: Cricket live stream, TV listings and preview
- India vs Australia: Another day, another batting collapse; Pujara sole fighter
- WWE news: Following Hollywood commitments, this superstar could make a grand comeback
- India vs Australia: Cheteshwar Pujara channelises his inner Dhoni to overturn two DRS decisions [Video]