According to studies, if a mother has previously had a child with autism, the risk of having a second child with the developmental disorder is approximately 18.7 per cent, whereas the risk in the general population is approximately 1.7 per cent.
2 days ago
Science & Health
Using solid fuels like wood and coal to cook increases danger of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Study
This wobbling of the spin axis is called polar motion and its wobbling has, over the 20 century drifted it by about 10 cm per year, that translates to about 10 metres of drift in a century.
4 days ago
Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
58 minutes ago
- Luka Modric wins Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year; Brazil's Marta wins the women's award
- Markets crash over liquidity fears; Sensex, Nifty down nearly 1.5%
- Petrol, diesel prices to rise further as global crude poised to touch $100
- Comcast outbids Fox by acquiring Sky for $40 million in dramatic auction
- Did Big Bang actually happen? Astronomers ponder new way to find out once and for all
- Japan's Hayabusa 2 reaches Ryugu; sends back amazing pictures of the distant asteroid
- Astronomers find Spock's home planet Vulcan?
- Women with PCOS are up to seven times more prone to heart attacks
- Glitches grip Mars Curiosity Rover; NASA puts on hold all science experiments