Mahindra & Mahindra's subsidiary Classic Legends Pvt. Ltd. has opened its first-ever Jawa Motorcycles dealership in India at Pune on Saturday. The first dealership, Shakti Automobiles has opened doors at Baner in the morning while the company has also opened the second dealership, NSG Jawa Autoriders at Chinchwad in the afternoon.
In line with rival-in-chief Royal Enfield's brand stores, Jawa Motorcycles dealerships carry a lot of nostalgic touches. The dealerships have a bike cafe kind of ambience while the walls explain the rich history of the Czechoslovakian cult brand. Jawa Motorcycles claims its showrooms will capture "the nostalgia of a golden era with darkly polished wood fixtures, subtle inlays, raw textures and vintage oxblood upholsteries."
Jawa Motorcycles – Jawa, Forty Two, Perak
Classic Legends offers two classic-styled Jawa bikes named Jawa and Forty Two along with a bobber model christened, the Perak. The Forty Two cost Rs 1.55 lakh, Jawa at Rs 1.64 lakh and the Perak comes with a price tag of Rs 1.89 lakh (all prices ex-showroom Delhi).
The standard Jawa model gets original details like the chrome-plated fuel tank with golden pinstriping and signature Maroon body colour as well. The Forty Two is the model that defines the modern-day Jawa. It has a neo-retro look with an offset instrument cluster and bar-end mirrors.
The Perak, on the other hand, has a flamboyant stance with a Bobber-like design. It has a low and long stance and comes with a matte-black finish, giving it an ultramodern look.
Both the Jawa and Forty Two are powered by a 293 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine capable of producing 27bhp and 28Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed gearbox. Jawa Perak is also powered by the same engine but is given a bigger bore, displacing 332cc developing 30bhp and 31Nm of peak torque.
123 Jawa showrooms to start soon
Jawa Motorcycles has an aggressive dealership expansion plan on the table. While two dealerships are now open, at least 105 showrooms will open doors by early next year. By March 2019, the bikemaker plans to take the dealership count to 125 serving 25 states and three union territories.
Here are the details of Jawa Motorcycles dealerships across India
- Andhra Pradesh- Anantapur, Guntur, Secunderabad, (Kurnool, Rajamundhry by March 2019)
- Assam- Tinsukia
- Bihar- Patna, Begusrai
- Chattisgarh- Raipur
- Delhi NCR- Delhi (5 dealerships), Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Noida
- Goa- Panaji
- Gujarat- Ahmedabad, Anand, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Vapi
- Haryana- Ambala, Hisar, Karnal, Pinjore
- Himachal Pradesh- Mandi (Kangra by March 2019)
- Jammu & Kashmir- Jammu (Srinagar by March 2019)
- Jharkhand- Ranchi, Jamshedpur
- Karnataka- Bengaluru (6 dealerships), Davangere, Hassan, Hubli, Mangaluru, Mysuru (Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Gulbarga, Raichur, Shimoga by March 2019)
- Kerala- Alappuzha, Kozhikode, Kochi, Kannur, Kollam, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram
- Madhya Pradesh- Indore, Jabalpur
- Maharashtra- Mumbai (5 dealerships), Pune (3 dealerships), Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Satara, Solapur
- Meghalaya- Shillong by March 2019
- Mizoram- Aizwal by March 2019
- Nagaland- Imphal by March 2019
- Odisha- Bhubaneswar (Berhampur, Rourkela by March 2019)
- Puducherry- White Town
- Punjab- Amritsar, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Ludhiana (Bhatinda by March 2019)
- Rajasthan- Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur (Ajmer by March 2019)
- Tamil Nadu- Chennai (4 dealerships), Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tirupur, Trichy (Vellore by March 2019)
- Telangana- Hyderabad (3 dealerships)
- Tripura- Agartala by March 2019
- Uttarakhand- Dehradun, Haldwani
- Uttar Pradesh- Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi
- West Bengal- Kolkata (2 dealerships), Siliguri (Asansol, Durgapur by March 2019)