Jawa, the cult classic Czechoslovakian motorcycle brand got a rebirth in India on November 15. Classic Legends Pvt. Ltd. powered by Mahindra & Mahindra brought back the iconic brand with three models- Jawa, Forty Two and Perak and bookings are currently open online for a token amount of Rs 5,000 for the first two models.
While Jawa Motorcycles has had a dream start in India, they are yet to establish a dealership network in the country. Apart from the information that 64 dealerships among the 105 proposed are currently being built, there was no clarity about the showroom allocation in each state so far.
The company has now revealed dealerships details and it has confirmed a presence in 25 states and three union territories.
Jawa Motorcycles dealership details are as follows
- Andhra Pradesh- Anantapur, Guntur, Secunderabad, (Kurnool, Rajamundhry by March 2019)
- Assam- Tinsukia
- Bihar- Patna, Begusrai
- Chattisgarh- Raipur
- Delhi NCR- Delhi (5 dealerships), Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Noida
- Goa- Panaji
- Gujarat- Ahmedabad, Anand, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Vapi
- Haryana- Ambala, Hisar, Karnal, Pinjore
- Himachal Pradesh- Mandi (Kangra by March 2019)
- Jammu & Kashmir- Jammu (Srinagar by March 2019)
- Jharkhand- Ranchi, Jamshedpur
- Karnataka- Bengaluru (6 dealerships), Davangere, Hassan, Hubli, Mangaluru, Mysuru (Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Gulbarga, Raichur, Shimoga by March 2019)
- Kerala- Alappuzha, Kozhikode, Kochi, Kannur, Kollam, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram
- Madhya Pradesh- Indore, Jabalpur
- Maharashtra- Mumbai (5 dealerships), Pune (3 dealerships), Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Satara, Solapur
- Meghalaya- Shillong by March 2019
- Mizoram- Aizwal by March 2019
- Nagaland- Imphal by March 2019
- Odisha- Bhubaneswar (Berhampur, Rourkela by March 2019)
- Puducherry- White Town
- Punjab- Amritsar, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Ludhiana (Bhatinda by March 2019)
- Rajasthan- Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur (Ajmer by March 2019)
- Tamil Nadu- Chennai (4 dealerships), Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tirupur, Trichy (Vellore by March 2019)
- Telangana- Hyderabad (3 dealerships)
- Tripura- Agartala by March 2019
- Uttarakhand- Dehradun, Haldwani
- Uttar Pradesh- Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi
- West Bengal- Kolkata (2 dealerships), Siliguri (Asansol, Durgapur by March 2019)
Many of the aforementioned Jawa dealerships will be operational this month and they will also take offline bookings for the Jawa and Forty Two while Perak will enter the market at a later stage. Deliveries of Jawa bikes will start early next year.
Jawa Motorcycles – Jawa, Forty Two, Perak
Classic Legends offers two classic-styled Jawa bikes named Jawa and Forty Two along with a bobber model christened, the Perak. The Forty Two cost Rs 1.55 lakh, Jawa at Rs 1.64 lakh and the Perak comes with a price tag of Rs 1.89 lakh (all prices ex-showroom Delhi).
Jawa is for the brand's loyalists. It gets original details like the chrome-plated fuel tank with golden pinstriping and signature Maroon body as well. The Forty Two is the model that defines the modern-day Jawa. It has a neo-retro look with an offset instrument cluster and bar-end mirrors.
The Perak is a more futuristic model. It has a flamboyant stance with a Bobber-like design. It has a low and long stance and comes with a matte-black finish, giving it an ultramodern look.
Both the Jawa and Forty Two are powered by a 293 cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine capable of producing 27bhp and 28Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed gearbox. Jawa Perak is also powered by the same engine but is given a bigger bore, displacing 332cc developing 30bhp and 31Nm of peak torque.