Patidar agitation
Hardik Patel IANS

Hardik Patel, Patidar leader who has been on hunger strike from last 8 days, demanding a loan waiver for farmers and quota for Patidars in government jobs and education under the Other Backward Class category, has released his "will" on the 9th day of the strike.

"It's the ninth day and I have become weak while vital organs are getting affected. I want to state that I may die also of this hunger strike that is against the BJP government," Mr. Patel said.

According to Patel's will, he holds an amount of Rs 50,000 in his bank account, of which 30,000 is to be given to his family and 20,000 donated to the gaushalas.

Royalties that would be earned from the book on his life Who Took My Job, which is currently under publication, as well as insurance money and the money collected after selling the car that he owns will be divided among his parents, his sister and the families of the 14 Patidars who sacrificed their lives during the agitation three years ago.

About 30% of the total amount collected will be given to Patel's family and the remaining 70% will be given to the families of 14 Patidar youths who were killed during 2015 quota riots.

The 25-year-old leader also said that his eyes should be donated in case of his demise during the hunger strike.

A doctor from the government hospital has advised that Mr. Patel should be admitted to the hospital as soon as possible considering his deteriorating health.

"We have advised him to be admitted to the hospital. His urine and blood pressure is normal, but Hardik has refused blood and urine tests," the doctor said.

Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) spokesperson Manoj Panara claimed "Hardik Patel's health is deteriorating. He has not eaten food in the last nine days. He didn't drink water in the last 36 hours."

So far the BJP government has not responded or not even considered the demand of the Patidar leader.