The counting for elections to Urban Local Bodies (ULB) of Karnataka began at 8 am on Monday (September 3). Reports have said that Congress and Janata Dal (Secular), who formed government in the state in May, are hoping to extend their alliance.
Here are the LIVE updates:
- Till now Congress has won 846 seats, followed by BJP, whi has won 788 and then JD(S) 307.
- Veerappa Siragannavar, BJP candidate from ward No. 19 of Bagalkote municipal council, celebrates his victory in the urban local body polls by removing his shirt.
#WATCH: Veerappa Siragannavar, BJP candidate from ward No. 19 of Bagalkote municipal council, celebrates his victory in the urban local body polls by removing his shirt. #Karnataka pic.twitter.com/hUl7PnCG6W— ANI (@ANI) September 3, 2018
- Results declared on 1412 out of total 2664 seats in 102 urban local bodies where polls took place on August 31. Independent candidates have won 150 seats.
- In Municipal Corporation polls these are the results so far, as reported by Firstpost.
- Both BJP and Congress has won 10 seats each to Karwar CMC.
- In Yadgir district Surpur CMC and Gurmitkal TMC, the results of 43 seats out of the 85 have been declared. Here are the results of 43 seats, as reported by Firstpost.
- In Hanagal, the Congress has won 19 seats and the BJP has won four seats.
- The BJP is leading in Uttara Karnataka (North Karnataka), which is officially known as Uttara Karnataka, reported News18.
- Congress ahead in 36 seats.
- According to news 9 reports, the police were facing problems in controllingg the BJP and Congress workers and had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the supporters from outside the polling booth in Chikkodi.
- Counting underway at Alanda Town Municipal Council in Kalaburagi for 102 urban local bodies polls that took place on August 31.
- Counting for 102 urban local bodies polls in Karnataka that took place on August 31 to begin shortly.