Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abes gamble paid off as his ruling bloc secured two-thirds of majority in the Lower House in the snap election. Following the results, Abe promised to deal firmly with North Korea amid the rising tensions in the region.
Oct 23, 2017
British Prime Minister Theresa May has suffered an embarrassing setback as her Conservative Party has lost their overall majority off the back of a close general election, resulting in a hung parliament. Whilst the Conservatives hold the most seats, they do not have enough to establish outright control.
Jun 9, 2017
Brexit Secretary David Davis has rejected claims Britain faces a soaring bill from Brussels for the EU exit on 3 May. European Commissions lead Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier later said the UK needs to honour its share of financial obligations.
May 3, 2017
French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron thanks his opponents Francois Fillon and Benoit Hamon after they called voters to back him against Marine Le Pen in the elections second round.
Apr 24, 2017
Luxury brands from Burberry to high end jewellers benefit as tourists flock to the UK to take advantage of the sliding pound.
Oct 26, 2016
2 hours ago
- Aadhaar verdict: Justice Chandrachud's scathing dissent note will set tone for future debates
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for sexual assault; a #MeToo victory
- Aadhaar verdict LIVE: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Heavy job cuts in telecom sectors; Reliance Jio comes to rescue
- Reliance Jio shows impressive growth in customer addition; attracts rural customers
- TCS sued by 3 US citizens over employment discrimination
- Wary finance ministry nudges RBI to tackle worsening credit crunch
- Ready to splurge Rs 123 crore? World's 'most expensive' pair of shoes will be yours