Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abes gamble paid off as his ruling bloc secured two-thirds of majority in the Lower House in the snap election. Following the results, Abe promised to deal firmly with North Korea amid the rising tensions in the region.
Oct 23, 2017
British Prime Minister Theresa May has suffered an embarrassing setback as her Conservative Party has lost their overall majority off the back of a close general election, resulting in a hung parliament. Whilst the Conservatives hold the most seats, they do not have enough to establish outright control.
Jun 9, 2017
Brexit Secretary David Davis has rejected claims Britain faces a soaring bill from Brussels for the EU exit on 3 May. European Commissions lead Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier later said the UK needs to honour its share of financial obligations.
May 3, 2017
French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron thanks his opponents Francois Fillon and Benoit Hamon after they called voters to back him against Marine Le Pen in the elections second round.
Apr 24, 2017
Luxury brands from Burberry to high end jewellers benefit as tourists flock to the UK to take advantage of the sliding pound.
Oct 26, 2016
Amazon Prime Day Sale: Best deals on TVs, smartphones, home appliances, Echo smart speakers and more32 minutes ago
- WWE Extreme Rules results: Roman Reigns loses, Kevin Owens stretchered off after dramatic steel cage match
- Here's why Elon Musk is calling a Thai cave rescuer a paedophile
- Pluto is in alignment with Earth and Sun for the first time in nearly 100 years
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 price leaked: What we know so far about Galaxy Note 8 successor
- Accenture acquires AI data analytics firm Kogentix
- India's trade deficit widens to more than five-year high
- Drug regulator cancels licence of Novartis' painkiller diclofenac over safety concerns
- India, South Korea aim to more than double trade to $50 billion
- SpiceJet to diversify activities beyond aviation; targets cargo and digital space