The IMF had warned Pakistan in 2017 that the currency was overvalued by as much as 20 percent. The country's economy is in the grip of a crisis with a soaring debt and rising inflation.
May 30, 2019
A sudden surge in the inflow of dollars has sent the rupee to its highest level since August, prompting profit booking that led to the currency witnessing a drop on Tuesday after six trading sessions of continuous gains.
Mar 20, 2019
Rupee makes a turnaround amid optimism over PM Modi's re-election, becomes Asia's best-performing currency
Japans Prime Minister Shinzo Abes gamble paid off as his ruling bloc secured two-thirds of majority in the Lower House in the snap election. Following the results, Abe promised to deal firmly with North Korea amid the rising tensions in the region.
Oct 23, 2017
British Prime Minister Theresa May has suffered an embarrassing setback as her Conservative Party has lost their overall majority off the back of a close general election, resulting in a hung parliament. Whilst the Conservatives hold the most seats, they do not have enough to establish outright control.
Jun 9, 2017
Brexit Secretary David Davis has rejected claims Britain faces a soaring bill from Brussels for the EU exit on 3 May. European Commissions lead Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier later said the UK needs to honour its share of financial obligations.
May 3, 2017
French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron thanks his opponents Francois Fillon and Benoit Hamon after they called voters to back him against Marine Le Pen in the elections second round.
Apr 24, 2017
Luxury brands from Burberry to high end jewellers benefit as tourists flock to the UK to take advantage of the sliding pound.
Oct 26, 2016
- Budget 2020: Check date, time; what can we expect from this year's budget?
- Budget 2020: Centre may impose customs duty hike on more than 300 items
- Global Economist Portia Antonia Alexis To Attend World Economic Forum 2020 As She Shares How Artificial Intelligence Will Be Helpful In Banking
- HDFC Bank customers watch out: Crucial services to be affected on Jan. 18
- Another WeWork in making? Softbank backed Oyo Rooms fire 20 percent of workforce