The uncertainty over the inauguration of Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has finally been resolved. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off the first phase of Kerala's prestigious project, the 13-km Aluva-Palarivattom corridor, on June 17.
Earlier, rumours had it that Pinarayi Vijayan might inaugurate Kochi Metro on May 30 as the PM was not available on the said date. But the Kerala CM had then rubbished the rumours saying the date was not finalised pending a response from the Prime Minister's Office.
More details about Kochi Metro Rail
- The metro service will be operational from 5 am to 10 pm.
- Trains will be available every 10 minutes.
- As of now, there are 11 stations
7. Cochin University
10. Changampuzha Park
- Ticket fare ranges from Rs. 15 to Rs. 30
- KMRL has employed 23 transgenders, who are trained in numerous skills like hospitality, front office, security, computers and counselling.
- 500 women from Kudumbasree Mission have also been employed for management and maintenance of the metro services.
- Kochi Metro will have seven women loco pilots.
- Each train can accommodate upto 975 passengers.