Maha Vikas Aghadi Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday, January 5 allocated the portfolios to his team of ministers. This comes six days after he expanded the cabinet on December 30, officials said. With portfolios being allocated, the Nationalist Congress Party getting the plum portfolios of Finance and Home.
In what was described as "an equitable allocation" of responsibilities, Chief Minister Thackeray will handle General Administration, IT, Information & Public Relations, Law & Judiciary and other departments not given to any other minister.
Final Maharashtra cabinet portfolios
- Nationalist Congress Party's Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar is the new Finance Minister
- Anil Deshmukh will be the Home Minister.
- Shiv Sena's Aditya Thackeray is the new Environment and Tourism Minister.
- Eknath Shinde will handle the Urban Development portfolio.
- Senior party colleague Subhash Desai will handle Industries Ministry.
- The Congress' Balasaheb Thorat is the new Revenue Minister.
- Nitin Raut will handle new Energy portfolio.
- Former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan will handle Public Works Department.
Other important Cabinet portfolios allocated are:
- Dadaji D. Bhuse - Agriculture, Uday Samant - Higher & Technical Education
- Sanjay D. Rathod - Forest, Disaster Management, R&R
- Gulabrao Patil - Water Supply & Sanitation
- Sandipanrao Bhumre - Employment Guarantee & Horticulture
- Anil Parab - Transport & Parliamentary Affairs
- Shankarrao Gadakh (KSK Part) - Soil & Water Conservation.
- Chhagan Bhujbal - Food & Civil Supplies
- Jayant Patil - Water Resources & Command Area Development
- Dhananjay P. Munde - Social Justice & Special Assistance
- Dilip Walse-Patil - Labour & State Excise
- Nawab M. Malik - Minority Development & Wakf, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
- Hasan Mushrif - Rural Development,
- Rajendra Shingane - Food & Drugs Administration, Public Health & Family Welfare
- Rajesh Tope - Public Health & Family Welfare
- Balasaheb P. Patil - Cooperation & Marketing.
- Varsha Gaikwad - School Education
- Sunil Kedar - Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development, Sports & Youth Welfare,
- Vijay Wadettiwar - OBCs and all other backward classes, nomadic tribes, Khar lands development & Earthquake Rehabilitation
- Amit V. Deshmukh - Medical Education & Culture
- K. C. Padvi - Tribal Development
- Aslam R. Shaikh - Textiles, Fisheries and Ports Development
- Yashomati Thakur-Sonawane - Women & Child Development.