As the Centre announced its decision on 'unlocking' all the public services and activities despite the growing number of positive coronavirus cases in the country, states start to propose their guidelines on resuming its activities.
The Karnataka Health Department has announced the guidelines and list of activities that are permitted to function with effect from June 8. Although, these guidelines are not applicable in any of its containment zones.
In its new set of measures for the Phase-I of Unlock 1, the state health department allows:
- Religious places and places of worship
- Hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality services
- Shopping malls
New SOP to be released
The Health Ministry will prepare a new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in this regard focusing on the measures to ensure proper social distancing as the services are let open.
In the list of National Directives, apart from the compulsory wearing of face masks, the following services are allowed from June 8:
- Shops will not allow more than five persons at a time
- Large public congregations and gatherings continue to remain prohibited
- Marriage and other such related functions can include guests not more than 50
- Funerals can have not more than 20 members
- Spitting, consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco is strictly prohibited in public places. Spitting is a punishable offense with fine as prescribed by the State/UT local authority rules and regulations.
Guidelines in workplaces
For the directives for workplaces, the health department mandates:
- Practice of work from home to be followed as far as possible
- Staggering business hours to be followed in offices, and workplaces, as well as the shops and markets
- Provision of thermal scanning, hand wash, sanitiser compulsorily placed at all entry and exit points
- Frequent sanitisation of entire workplace and all points of human contacts like the door handle
- Ensure social distancing between the employees as far as possible