The next week will be crucial for Tata Group companies in view of the EGMs that have been called to remove Cyrus Mistry from these companies.
Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL), the owner of Taj chain of hotels, has called for the EGM on December 20, 2016.
"We now seek your support of the resolution that Tata Sons has moved in the forthcoming Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) of our companies, for the removal of Cyrus Mistry as Director...As a long-standing partner in the Tata Group companies, we seek your support of the EGM resolutions to enable our companies to continue on the path of growth and value creation, as they have done over their long-standing past history," Ratan Tata said in a statement addressed to the shareholders of IHCL.
E-voting for IHCL resolution
"The e-voting period commences on December 15, 2016 (9:00 am) and ends on December 19, 2016 (5:00 pm)and thee-voting module shall be disabled by NSDL for voting thereafter. During this period Members of the Company, holding shares either in physical form or in dematerialized form, as on the cut-off date i.e. December 13, 2016 may cast their vote electronically. Once the vote on a resolution is cast by the Member, he/she shall not be allowed to change it subsequently or cast the vote again," read the notice to shareholders.
"If you are already registered with NSDL for remote e-voting then you can use existing user ID and password for casting your vote or obtain the login ID and password by sending a request at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org," according to the notice.
The procedure to login to e-Voting website is given below:
- Open the attached PDF file "e-Voting.pdf" giving your Client ID (in case you are holding shares in demat mode) or Folio No. (in case you are holding shares in physical mode) as password, which contains your "User ID" and "Password for e-voting". Please note that the password is an initial password. You will not receive this PDF file if you are already registered with NSDL for e-voting.
- Launch internet browser by typing the URL https://www.evoting.nsdl.com/
- Click on "Shareholder - Login".
- Put User ID and password as initial password noted in step (1) above and Click Login. If you are already registered with NSDL for e-voting then you can use your existing user ID and password. If you forgot your password, you can reset your password by using "Forgot User Details/Password" option available on www.evoting.nsdl.com
- Password Change Menu appears. Change the password with new password of your choice with minimum 8 digits/characters or combination thereof.
- Home page of remote "e-Voting" opens. Click on e-Voting: Active Voting Cycles.
- Select "EVEN" of The Indian Hotels Company Limited. Members can cast their vote online from December 15, 2016 (9:00 am) till December 19, 2016 (5:00 pm).
Note: e-Voting shall not be allowed beyond said time.
- Now you are ready for "e-Voting" as "Cast Vote" page opens.
- Cast your vote by selecting appropriate option and click on "Submit" and also "Confirm", when prompted.
- Institutional shareholders (i.e., other than Individuals, HUF, NRI etc.) are also required to send scanned copy (PDF/JPG Format) of the relevant Board Resolution/Authority Letter etc. together with attested specimen signature of the duly authorized signatory(ies) who are authorized to vote, to the Scrutinizer through e-mail email@example.com with a copy marked firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Further, NSDL is pleased to inform you that NSDL has now integrated its e-Services website (https://eservices.nsdl.com/) with the aforesaid e-Voting system of NSDL, which enables you as a registered User of IDeAS facility to also access e-Voting system of NSDL for casting your votes by using your existing login credentials viz.; User ID and password of IDeAS facility. Thus, you would not be required to log-in to e-Voting system separately for casting votes in respect of the resolutions of companies.
Tata Steel EGM
Tata Steel will be holding its extraordinary general meeting (EGM) on December 21 to seek shareholder nod for the removal of Cyrus Mistry and Nusli Wadia as directors of the company.
E-voting for Tata Steel resolution
"The remote e-voting period commences on Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 9.00 a.m. IST and ends on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 5.00 p.m. IST. During this period, Members may cast their vote electronically. Please note that the voting rights will be on the basis of shareholding as on the cut-off date, i.e. Wednesday, December 14, 2016. Any person, who is a Member of the Company as on the cut-off date is eligible to cast vote on all the resolutions set forth in the Notice of EGM," the EGM notice for Tata Steel shareholders read.
The instructions and other information for remote e-voting are:
1. Open PDF file namely "TSL remote e-voting.pdf" with your Client ID or Folio No. as password. The said PDF file contains your user ID and password/PIN for remote e-voting. Please note that the password is an initial password. You will not receive this PDF file if you are already registered with NSDL for e-voting.
2. Open the internet browser and type the following URL: https://www.evoting.nsdl.com/
3. Click on Shareholder Login.
4. If you are already registered with NSDL for remote e-voting then you can use your existing user ID and password/PIN for casting your vote. If you forgot your password, you can reset your password by using "Forgot User Details/Password" option available on www.evoting.nsdl.com
5. If you are logging-in for the first time, please enter the user ID and password provided in the PDF file attached with this e-mail as initial password. Click Login.
6. The Password Change Menu will appear on your screen. Change the password/PIN with new password of your choice, making sure that it contains a minimum of 8 digits or characters or a combination of both. Please take utmost care to keep your password confidential.
7. Once the remote e-voting home page opens, click on remote e-voting > Active e-Voting Cycles.
8. Select "EVEN" (E-Voting Event Number) of Tata Steel Limited which is 105772. Now you are ready for remote e-voting as Cast Vote page opens.
9. Cast your vote by selecting appropriate option and click on "Submit" and also "Confirm" when prompted.
10. Upon confirmation, the message "Vote cast successfully" will be displayed.
11. Once the vote on the resolution is cast, the Member shall not be allowed to change it subsequently.
12. Institutional shareholders (i.e., other than individuals, HUF, NRI, etc.) are required to send scanned copy (PDF/JPG format) of the relevant Board Resolution/Authority letter, etc., together with attested specimen signature of the duly authorised signatory(ies) who are authorised to vote, to the Scrutinizer through e-mail to email@example.com, with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tata Steel shares closed at Rs 414 on Friday on the BSE while IHCL ended at Rs 99. Tata Sons holds 28.01 percent in IHCL and 29.75 percent in Tata Steel.