Britney Spears, one of the most popular pop singers of all time, will be celebrating her 33rd birthday on 2 December.
The Mississippi-born singer, who started her career as an aerobics instructor and did not use a cell phone till 2011, began her journey to the world of entertainment through Off-Broadway musical "Ruthless" and became popular with sound tracks "...Baby One More Time" and "Oops!... I Did It Again."
The Princess of Pop received nine Billboard Music Awards, six MTV Video Music Awards and a Grammy Award for her contribution to the music industry.
The "best-selling teenaged artist of all time" had quite a few hurdles in her personal as well as professional life.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Spears:
- Before stepping into Hollywood, Spears was an aerobics instructor.
- The "Ooh La La" singer got auditioned for "The Mickey Mouse Club" when she was eight years old.
- At the age of nine, the pop singer became a talented gymnast.
- She was titled the Most Powerful Celebrity by Forbes Magazine in 2002.
- The Princess of Pop is a notorious nail-biter.
- Spears had a restaurant named Nyla in New York, which she had to close down due to dip in sales.
- The "Blackout" singer accounts for more than 30% sales of celebrity perfumes and her favourite fragrance is Vanilla.
- Spears did not use a cell phone until 2011.
- During the production of "Outrageous" video, Spears injured her knee.
- Spears loves to spend her leisure with her kids Jayden and Preston.