Eid al-Fitr marks the end of 30 days of fasting by Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan. The fast ends with a celebratory observance - Eid al-Fitr, which means 'The Feast of Fast-breaking."
Eid-al-Fitr is celebrated on the first day of the month of Shawwal after moon-sighting, marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
On the day of Eid al-Fitr, mass prayers are held at mosques, following which Muslims greet each other, saying 'Eid Mubarak'.
The festival is celebrated with enthusiasm by Muslims around the world.
Here we have compiled some quotes and messages that you can share on Eid al-Fitr as you greet your loved ones with Eid Mubarak.
1. "Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." al-A'raf 7:199
2. "There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient." al-Baqarah 2:256
3. "O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint." al-Baqarah 2:183
4. "...And eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread [of night]. Then complete the fast until the sunset..." Surat Al-Baqarah [2:184-190]
5. "O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous." - Surat Al-Baqarah [2:183]
6. "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path (the truth)." Hud 11:56
Send Eid Mubarak messages to your loved ones through SMS, Whatsapp or Facebook with Happy Eid greetings:
1. "Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair!" — ("May every year find you in good health!")
2. "Eid Saeed!" -- ("Happy Eid!")
3. Eid Mubarak!" -- ("Blessed Eid!")
4. "Taqabbala Allahu minna wa minkum." — ("May Allah accept from us, and from you.")
5. Hope Love & Laughter, warmth & wishes joy and a Bouquet of Eid Wishes, Especially for you!!! EID MUBARAK
6. Hope Love & Laughter. Warmth & wishes joy and a Bouquet of Eid Wishes, Especially for you!!! EID MUBARAK
7. May God send his Love like Sunshine in his warm and gentle ways to fill every corner of your Heart and filled your Life with a lot of Happiness like this EID DAY. Wishing you EID MUBARAK.
8. After congregational eid prayer, Sentiment reciprocated with deep sense of
Gratitude and manifestation. Very very happy eid to you and your family
9. Its more than just an Eid wish, more than a message too. For it comes with warm and loving thoughts because it's meant for you.