The DNA tests on the skeletal remains recovered from the forests of Raigad have confirmed the death of Sheena Bora, who was allegedly murdered by her mother Indrani Mukherjea and her two accomplices more than three years ago.

News reports citing the outcomes of DNA tests said on Monday that it has been established that Sheena was Indrani's daughter and the skeletal remains recovered from Raigad last month belonged to her.

The DNA reports of Mikhail also confirmed that he is the son of INX Media co-founder Indrani.

Meanwhile, a Bandra court in Mumbai on Monday sent Indrani and her former driver Shyamvar Rai--a co-accused in Sheena murder case--were sent to 14-day judicial custody.

Another key accused Sanjeev Khanna--Indrani's ex husband--was not produced in the court as he was taken to Kolkata for further investigation. The Khar police told the Bandra court that Khanna will be produced before a magistrate in Kolkata and produced at Bandra court on Tuesday, the Hindustan Times reported.

The police produced the two main accused in the murder case as their police custody expired on 7 September. The trio were arrested for allegedly plotting and executing the murder of Indrani's daughter Sheena on 24 April, 2012.

They also face probe for allegedly plotting to kill Indrani's son Mikhail Bora.

The investigating team of Mumbai police had collected several evidence, including the skeletal remains--teeth and skull--that were sent to a forensic science laboratory (FSL) for forensic and DNA tests.

The digital superimposition on the skull had already matched with Sheena's photo and the positive DNA result has come as a major breakthrough in the mysterious killing of Sheena. 

The police have also interrogated many linked to Sheena, including her biological father Siddharth Das who was in a live-in relationship with Indrani before she left him and married Sanjeev Khanna. Indrani's present husband and TV tycoon Peter Mukherjea, his son Rahul Mukherjea, Mikhail Bora and her parents were also interrogated.

The crime came to light last month after the Mumbai police reportedly received a tip-off from an unknown caller from Meerut informing about Sheena's murder a few months ago, following which the investigation was started that led to the arrest of the trio.