The heavy rains in Delhi have refused to relent and the capital city and adjoining areas are likely to receive incessant downpour on Friday, July 27, as well. Noida, Gurugram and Faridabad, and the NCR are receiving heavy rainfall and the rough weather is expected to batter the region over the weekend as well.
- Huge traffic jams are being reported in several parts of the city.
- East Delhi and Noida to get heavy rains in next two hours, predicts Met department.
- Two people have been reported dead in rain-related incidents on July 26.
- While a 36-year-old man was electrocuted and killed, a 13-year-old girl died after she was crushed when the rooftop water tank crashed on her.
- The Met office has forecast moderate to heavy rains for Friday.
- "The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover at 29 and 24 degrees Celsius respectively," it said.
- Residents of low-lying areas have been evacuated as a precaution
- Schools have been shut down as rain pounds the capital on the second day.
- Delhi and adjoining areas have reported massive waterlogging, due to which there were several traffic snarls and congestion on the road
- In tune, a flood alert has been sounded in the city.
- The Yamuna River has swelled after heavy rains lashed the city on Thursday, July 26, and it is likely to cross danger levels on Friday.
- Due to the heavy rain, the Vasundhara Road in Ghaziabad caved in on July 26.