PUBG Mobile players are eagerly waiting for 0.8.0 update to arrive on Android and iOS platforms after the servers went offline for several hours on Tuesday. But PUBG's chief rival, Fortnite by Epic Games, is treating its players with the latest update to introduce several new features, including weapons, missions and more, as a part of v5.40 content update.
Fortnite recently made its Android debut in an unconventional way, which requires users to download an installer outside of Google Play Store. The battle royale game, which has gained immense popularity on iOS platform, is slowly growing its userbase on Android despite its limited availability. The latest content update serves as a huge incentive for Fortnite players on different platforms.
Epic Games had taken the servers offline for an hour on Tuesday before bringing the new features in both vSave the World and Battle Royale. The one addition that easily grabs our attention is the all-new Suppressed Assault Rifle, which lets players eliminate enemies swiftly and in complete silence.
In addition to that, there's a new hero in Save the World and series of new Weekly Horde Challenges to up your game.
Excited about the Fortnite v5.40 content update for PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile? Check out the complete changelog for the new update.
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
- Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
- Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
- Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
- Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
- Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
- 32/33 damage per shot.
- Vaulted Drum Gun
- Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
- Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
- More details here.
- Disabled Video Capture for the Nintendo Switch.
- This was done for performance and stability reasons.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 6
- Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET
- This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks - and players have no shields!
- Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- New Mythic Outlander - Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge.
- Features new Subclass - Rook
- New Perk - Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
- Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
- A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts.
- Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
- Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET.