It would be an understatement to say that season 2 of A&E's "Married at First Sight" was a total failure. With all three couples deciding to get divorced, including Jaclyn and Ryan R, who seemed like they were happy together, and two other couples who are left with betterment towards their respective spouses, needless to say, even audiences have lost faith in the "Experts".
However, in a violent turn of events, Ryan de Nino also threatened to kill his estranged wife Jessica, after she revealed his cheating and gambling ways on national television. According to a Queens Family Court petition filed earlier this month, Ryan reportedly told Jessica, "I will break you into f**king pieces...I will break your dad into pieces. I will make your whole family disappear — and your f**king dog-ass sister's boyfriend."
Further, during the reunion show, where Jessica revealed that Ryan was with another woman during Valentine's Day, he was caught on live microphone vowing, "She's f**king dead. When I get back to Brooklyn, she's f**king dead, this girl."
Although, Ryan has not addressed any of the allegations publicly, he posted a soft copy of the petition Jessica filed at a Queens Family Court, and said that he was disgusted and in awe of her accusations.
Unfortunately this isn't something I'd wish on anyone. To hear and read about the forum on Thursday to come home and find this on Friday. To see the IG on Sat and see the location was enough. They say first 48 for a reason. This is another fact here's the order of protection- which had me in awe and when I read it was disgusted. Bash me all you want, say whatever it is about me just remember this board don't break for nada. Why I posted this will be thoroughly explained when the times right. #CheckMate
Meanwhile, fans are wondering why the "experts" and others involved with the show did not put more effort into doing a thorough background check on the contestants, namely Ryan. As we have reported earlier, the experts have already shrugged of responsibility and stated that it is not the experiment that failed the couples, but the couples failed the experiment.
Executive producer Chris Coelen has also defended the show and the process that they implement, to find their candidates. "We go to bars, mixers, singles events and church groups in the area...We also go on every dating site you could possibly think of – OkCupid, Match.com, Tinder, Hinge. We also go on Facebook, talk to family and friends and try to make the pool as big as possible," Coelen told People.
He also guaranteed that while the final casting is done over a relatively short period of time, the time potential participants spend with the experts, undergoing psychological evaluation that takes up to six months.
Meanwhile, the show's social media forums are trying to remind fans that although season 2 wreaked havoc, season 1 couples are still together: "We love that Jamie Otis & Doug Hehner and Cortney Hendrix & Jason Carrion are still going strong. What advice do you have for them as they approach 2 years married? Tell us below, #MarriedAtFirstSight fans!"