Happy Eid al-Fitr!
Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
Muslims across the globe celebrate - Eid al-Fitr festival by attending communal prayers, listening to a khutba (sermon) and giving zakat al-fitr (charity).
The popular Muslim holiday is determined by the sighting of the new moon. Islamic holidays are based on the observance of the same in Saudi Arabia, which has declared Friday, 17 July, as the first day of Eid. Some other countries such as Oman, Morocco and India will celebrate Eid on 18 July.
Eid celebrations begin with a special prayer in mosques and is attended by thousands of Muslim believers.
On Eid, you can greet your Muslims friends by wishing them "Eid Mubarak!" (meaning have a Blessed Eid), another way of greeting is by saying, "Eid Saeed!" (meaning Happy Eid!).
You can also say "Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair!" (May every year find you in good health!) or "Taqabbala Allahu minna wa minkum" (May Allah accept from us, and from you) to convey your Eid greetings to a friend.
Here, we have complied a list of ten quotes and sayings from the Quran that you can share on Facebook and Whatsapp with your family and friends to wish them a Happy Eid:
1. "You will not attain righteousness till you spend in charity of the things you love."
[The Qur'an, Chapter 3, verse 92] Happy Eid!
2. "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little." [Prophet Muhammad (s) as narrated by A'isha (ra) in Sahih Bukhari, vol. 8, hadith 471] Eid Mubarak!!
3. All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.."
[Prophet Muhammad (s), Last Sermon]
4. "God is kind and likes kindness in all things." [Rihadh us-Saleheen, Volume 1:633] Happy Eid!
5. And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) [al-Talaaq 65:2]
6. "The best charity is that given to a relative who does not like you." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N100]
7. "And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him" [al-Talaaq 65:3] Eid Saeed!!
8. "A man has sinned enough if he neglects to feed those in need." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N100]
9. "No companion of mine should tell me anything bad about another person. For when I meet you, I would like my heart to be clean (unbiased.)" [Riyadh-us-Salaheen:1539]
10. "By no means shall you attain al-birr (righteousness) until you spend (in Allaah's cause) of that which you love." [Aal 'Imraan 3:92]