The Xiaomi Redmi 4 and the Redmi Note 4 could finally come to geographies such as the US, UK and the EU if latest reports are anything to go by. This aspect should offer global Xiaomi loyalists lots to cheer about as the company has been slow to expand to countries outside of China and India.
Popular Xiaomi smartphones released in 2016 viz. the Redmi 4, the Redmi Note 4 and the Redmi 4A would go global even before 2016 comes to an end. Commercial release, of these phones, is rumoured to take place during early 2017.
Another aspect that has surfaced is the fact that the above Xiaomi Redmi smartphones would be affordable as well. The Redmi 4 is also speculated to have a sub $100 price-tag.
At this juncture, it is worth noting that the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2017) is not too far away from now. Xiaomi's global loyalists are of the expectation that there would be new smartphones launched by Xiaomi during the event; however these are pure expectations and the China-based company is yet to make official announcements regarding the launch of new Redmi handsets at the CES 2017.
As far as key technical specs are concerned, the technical aspects of the Redmi 4 are:
Xiaomi Redmi 4
- 5-inch display having resolution of 720 x 1280 with pixel density of 296 ppi
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system
- 2 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front snapper
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 256 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 4100 mAh Lithium-Ion battery.