The details of the Xbox One November system update have been revealed. Microsoft's Major Nelson aka Larry Hryb posted the features that will be part of the November system update for the next-generation gaming console, Xbox One, on his blog.
New features are rolling out for Xbox One, which lost the console war with Sony's PlayStation 4 but proved to be a good successor to Xbox 360. The update released for Xbox One preview program members on 20 October and the rest will get them in November 2014.
The new update will feature more customisations that the owners can undertake, includes changing Of Xbox One background and more. The update also indicates that Microsoft has been listening to fan comments as it includes one of the requested fan feature. Apart from the customisation aspect, the system update also features, updates to TV, SmartGlass, Internet Explorer and Preview dashboard app.
Below are the full patch notes for Xbox One November system update (Xbox News):
Show Who You Are –Some of the most requested features being released this month include the ability to customize your Xbox One background and showcase and share some of your favorite achievements and game clips.
- Custom Backgrounds – The #1 fan-requested feature is making its initial debut for preview members. For the first time, each account on your Xbox One can have a customized background. You can choose a custom color or achievement art as your background on Xbox One, with more customization options coming down the road.
- Gamer Profile – You can now share your location and bio as part of your profile. You can set these options on your Xbox One console and use Xbox One SmartGlass to browse to other people's profiles and check out their showcase items. Additionally, you can now select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console. You can use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format.
- Tweet about your Favorite Game Clips – You can now share your favorite Xbox One game clips with your followers on Twitter. Use the Share button on any game clip you have created and select Twitter to compose the Tweet.
A New Way to Watch TV – With new Live TV and Twitter integration, you can discover new shows to love and see what people are saying on Twitter about shows in real-time.
- Live TV Trending – Starting today for preview members in the U.S., Canada and the UK, a new tab will be available in OneGuide that displays the top 20 most watched TV shows, with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings. The Live TV Trending list is updated by the minute, so you can easily discover shows that are popular with other viewers. The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Twitter - Live TV trending first and Xbox – Live TV Trending second. You can tune to a specific show by pressing the A button.
- Twitter TV Trending – New this month in preview, you can see what Live TV is trending based on shows with the most conversations taking place on Twitter. Twitter TV Trending will initially be available to preview members in the U.S.
- Xbox TV Trending – The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Twitter trending first and Xbox – Live TV Trending second. Xbox – Live TV Trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level.
- Tweets in MiniGuide – See the actual tweets for the Live TV shows in real time and quickly find the Twitter #hashtag to join the conversation.
- Recents and Favorites in MiniGuide – MiniGuide has been updated to include your favorite TV channels in a combined Recents and Favorites area and MiniGuide can now be activated via voice by saying "Xbox Select – MiniGuide" while watching TV.
Store improvements and SmartGlass updates –We are also excited to roll out these cool features:
- Store improvements –The Store pages on Xbox One have been improved to enable you to quickly browse and find content. The navigation buttons were moved to the far left so you can find them easier. You can also more quickly find game add-ons, perform store specific searches and recommendations are more prominently displayed. Finally, store categories have been standardized so you can easily see the top items in each query at a glance.
- Friends' Game Activity on SmartGlass – You can now see a list of your friends that have played a given game within the Xbox One SmartGlass experience.
- Games with Gold & Deals with Gold on SmartGlass – For gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can browse "Free Games with Gold" and discounted content with Gold and initiate download of the content to your Xbox One console from your mobile device.
- SmartGlass Store Improvements –We added a new section for Apps to make it easier to find and download apps for your Xbox One, as well as adding a Coming Soon filter for Games and Add Ons to make it easier to see upcoming Xbox One releases sorted by anticipated release date.
Internet Explorer updates– There are a few improvements Internet Explorer available this month:
- Snap IE – From the Address Bar in Internet Explorer, you can now easily snap from a full screen experience and move Internet Explorer into snap mode.
- Featured sites – Now, Internet Explorer will show a number when something is newly-added to featured sites. Newly-added sites will also display a badge until you launch them or seven days have passed since the site was added to the Featured list.
Updates to the Preview dashboard app – Preview dashboard has been gamified. Here are some new features that have been added:
- My Stats – If you are in the Preview program, you will now earn points for providing feedback, including points for completing Quests, Surveys, Quick Poll questions, and rating the update. These will be shared in the Preview dashboard under My Stats. The more points you get, the more you level up, and the more rewards you'll earn. Keep checking back for special bonus point opportunities.
- Leaderboard – A leaderboard has been added that shows how you stack up against your friends based on the points you have earned. If you don't have friends in the Preview program, we'll show how you stack up against others in the program. Keep checking back – more things are coming to the My Stats page soon.
Weekly Deals for Xbox Live Gold Members and Rest
Microsoft has revealed details for the weekly deals for Xbox One and Xbox 360. These deals will be cheaper for Xbox Live Gold Members. This deal will be good until 27 October, 2014, GameSpot reported.
- Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass - $30 (regularly $40)
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 - $10 (regularly $20)
- Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut - $10 (regularly $20)
- Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition - $7.50 (regularly $15)
- Burnout Paradise - $5 (regularly $15)
- Burnout Revenge - $5 (regularly $15)
- Darksiders - $10 (regularly $20)
- Dirt 3 - $10 (regularly $25)
- Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z - $20 (regularly $40)
- Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - $15 (regularly $30)
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - $5 (regularly $20)
- Need for Speed Most Wanted - $20 (regularly $40)
- Need for Speed Undercover - $5 (regularly $15)
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 - $10 (regularly $20)