The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is easily one of the biggest games of the year, and as promised earlier, we have been treated to the biggest ever Witcher that offers an open-world that's 30% bigger than that of Skyrim. And needless to say, there's a lot to do and explore in Wild Hunt than you can imagine.
Apart from all the neat stuff you get to do in the game, most of it involves gathering as many Crowns as possible for your services. Now there are a number of ways you can collect the maximum number of Crowns in the game – either respectfully or other sneaky means.
So if you are indeed out to collect the maximum dough possible, here's a guide to help you earn more Crowns than usual in the game.
Travel Around the Northern Realms
- Apart from several different ways (we shall talk about them later) of collecting Crowns in the game, a great way to earn more cash is by exploring the Northern Realms.
- Keep an eye on your world map for the several Question Marks popping up from time to time as they indicate items of interest, apart from different ways of collecting Crowns.
- Spend some time in the world, hopping from one point of interest to the other. In order to earn money, you can kill bandits; eliminate monsters and even helping out folks who are in need of your services.
- You will come across several chests that you can loot, apart from swords and armour that you come across on your travels. You can also pick up items that you can later sell to the merchants.
- Exploration not only opens you up to earning more Crowns, but is also a good prospect for picking up diagrams around the world.
- One of the most effective ways of collecting the maximum Crowns in Witcher 3 is by undertaking different contracts and completing them.
- Keep moving from one town/village to the other to come across contracts that you can undertake. There are always reports coming in of monsters harassing people, and for some payment, you can end their misery.
- Sometimes you will find contracts posted to a number of the Notice Boards across the world. Pick up as many contracts as possible since most of them don't have a deadline period and can be finished whenever you feel like.
- Sure most of the contracts at start won't pay much, but as you move through Velen, you should come across a few that are willing to offer as much as 250 Crowns each for your troubles.
- Most of the top paying contracts that you plan to undertake will require you to reach level 10 first and, for that, you have to make sure that you are levelling up Geralt from time to time.
- Few of the high-paying contracts include the likes of Jenny 'o The Woods, Shrieker, Woodland Beast, The Merry Widow and Swamp Thing. Not only do these contracts offer good money, they can also be completed in just a space of 10 minutes.
Tricks to Earn Infinite Crowns
- Head over to White Orchard. When you cross the bridge, you'll notice a couple of cows on your left (in a sort of pen). Move to the location, kill the cows with your sword, and loot the dead bodies.
- Looting the dead bodies should give you a wide variety of items – including cow milk, raw meat and, more importantly, cow hide. Cow hides are one of the most precious items, although not every cow you slaughter will get you one.
- When you do have at least two pieces of cow hide sitting in your inventory, head across the road to the merchant and sell him the cow hides for 27 Crowns each.
- However, 54 Crowns is hardly a decent amount of money. And if you are looking to earn more money from selling cow hides, leave the area for at least a couple of hours, and when you come back you should see two more cows.
- Repeat the above process to get another 54 Crowns. You can repeat the process as many times as you want, until you have enough Crowns or have run out of patience.
- Travel to Novigrad and head over to the town square. There, you should come across a merchant standing in front of a sausage cart. This guy sells sea shells as well.
- Buy as many sea shells the merchant has to offer, end the conversation and load it back up. Following that, he will have even more shells to sell. Keep buying the shells until you run out of Crowns.
- When that is done, head over to the armourer who will be sitting just behind you, beside some burnt bodies. Ask the armourer to take apart all your sea shells, and turn them into pearls. You can also sell him the peals, provided he can afford them.
- Next, a few streets to the east, you should come across a couple of merchants next to each other. Head over to the furthest merchant, step inside his shop and speak to him.
- Buy all the Florens he has in stock, followed by selling him as many pearls as he can afford. After he's broke, end the conversation and go back.
- If you start the process again, you will see that he has more Florens and Crowns to offer. Just buy the Florens once more and sell him more sea shells. Continue the process until you have no more to sell.
- Finally, head back to the town square once more and locate the bank. Get to the bank and have the employee convert your Florens into Crowns. If you want to earn even more money, repeat the process again and again until you're satisfied.
[Source: Prima Games]