The land of the witcher is dangerous and hostile, and it's almost imperative that you remain geared up all the time to face the countless number of enemies and creatures that will surely cross your path more than once. And all that depends on the kind of weapons that you carry in your journeys.
Now you may think that there's not much to worry about in that regard since you will anyway be picking up bits and pieces of weapons and armour from your fallen enemies. But to really get the A-grade weapons, the best option is to craft them or let another blacksmith work upon them to fine-tune them.
In Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you will come across your special master blacksmith who will help you craft weapons with improved hit rate and damage. In fact, you will have to find your master blacksmith before you can start the quest where you can unlock mastercrafted weapons.
This guide will not only show you where to find your master craftsman, but also everything you need to do to get him fine-tune your weapons, and even get a free mastercrafted sword.
The Witcher Guide – Unlock Master Blacksmith
- As mentioned earlier, you will need to find your master blacksmith first before you can go ahead with the quest that will allow you to unlock mastercrafted weapons.
- Once in Novigrad, look for a man named Hattori, who's a dumpling cook. On speaking to him, he will reveal that he's actually a skilled blacksmith in real life who just requires materials to forge some of the best looking swords in the game. This, in turn, unlocks the "Of Swords and Dumplings" quest.
- While the recommended level for this quest is 25, you can also attempt the quest at a level as low as 15, as long as you have accumulated enough points into your Axii Magic Sign. This helps when you are faced with numerous enemies.
- When you come across Hattori, he will ask you to meet him at the docks after dark to meet his supplier. When you meet them, make note and bargain for 25 percent of the profits for both the following dialogue option. Also, don't choose to stop the suppliers when they start to leave.
- If you don't stop the suppliers from leaving, they will finally give in to your demands and strike a deal with you. But following the deal, both you and the suppliers will be ambushed by a group of dwarves. Don't worry since they will do most of the fighting here.
- Once the enemies are killed, visit Hattori at his shop. Following this, Hattori will ask you to find him a bodyguard. You will find Sukrus as the bodyguard if you follow the quest marker on your map.
- Note that you will have to beat Sukrus in a fistfight before he's even willing to sit down and listen to your offer. The fistfight shouldn't take much time to get over with, and after beating Sukrus, he will also ask for a favour from you.
- As far as the favour goes, you can either try to convince his brother-in-law to pay up the money he owes or burn his stock to make him pay up.
- If your Axii is levelled up, you will be able to persuade him easily. If not, you will need to set fire to his mechandise to convince him that you mean business.
- Once the job is done, head back to Sukrus and inform him about the successful completion of the quest. Once you give him what he wants, he will agree to become Hattori's bodyguard.
- When Sukrus is also onboard, Hattori will ask both of you to take some men and steal equipments from Van Hoorn's storehouse. This is where your Axii sign comes into use once more as you can cast it to get rid of the guards standing outside the storehouse.
- Use your witcher sense to locate the right crates and mark them with a chalk. Following that, Sukrus and his men will enter the storehouse and carry the crates out.
- While the deed is being done, expect Van Hoorn and his men to appear out of nowhere to try to stop you. Once you have killed them, Sukrus will deliver the required equipment to Hattori.
- Once the equipment is delivered, simply fast forward time, and meet Hattori once more. This time you will receive a sword from him. Once you complete this quest, you will automatically unlock the master blacksmith in the game.
Stay tuned for more updates!