Former 2012 Republican presidential candidate, Herman Cain, who was tested positive for the
novel coronavirus a few days ago, has succumbed to the virus on July 30. He was 74.
Cain was tested Covid positive in the early July and was admitted to a hospital wherein he was
On June 20, Cain had attended the rally for US President Donald Trump's re-election campaign in
Tulsa, Oklahoma. While the health officials had warned people from contracting coronavirus
amid the crowd, there's no clear trace of how Cain got infected with the virus.
His team took to Cain's website to announce the news of his demise.
"You're never ready for the kind of news we are grappling with this morning. But we have no
choice but to seek and find God's strength and comfort to deal with it. Herman Cain – our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us – has passed away.
He's entering the presence of the Savior he's served as an associate minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta for, and preparing for his reward.
We knew when he was first hospitalized with Covid-19 that this was going to be a rough fight. He had trouble breathing and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. We all prayed that the initial meds they gave him would get his breathing back to normal, but it became clear pretty quickly that he was in for a battle.
We were relieved to be told that, and passed on the news via Herman's social media. And yet we also felt real concern about the fact that he never quite seemed to get to the point where the doctors could advance him to the recovery phase.
Although he was basically pretty healthy in recent years, he was still in a high-risk group because of his history with cancer."
His wife Gloria – his children Melanie and Vincent, and his grandchildren, they need our love,
our support and our prayers."
Who was Herman Cain?
- Herman Cain's official website describes him as an American success story, be it his proficiency in business, broadcasting, public and personal life. He has been married to his wife Gloria for the past 52 years with two children and four grandchildren.
- Herman's success stems from his 'lifetime devotion to hard work, learning, self-improvement and the breaking down of barriers', as appears in his website.
- He was first introduced to Americans in 1994 when he had participated as the CEO of Godfather's Pizaa on health care reform in a town hall hosted by President Bill Clinton. He schooled Clinton on the realities of small business finance and health care that is still etched in most people's mind.
- In 2011, Herman caught several eyebrows when he sought Republican nomination for president and caught attention with his 9-9-9 tax proposal.
- Herman's achievements in business world was the main factor that set him apart. In 1996, Herman became CEO and president of the National Restaurant Association, thus becoming the only volunteer chairman to also become the organization's full-time CEO and president while still a member of the board. He headed the NRA in this position for two and a half years, as appears on his website.