There was a time when MS Dhoni had fallen in love Deepika Padukone. Their rumoured affair had created lot of noise in the cricket world and Bollywood industry. It was also being said that Dhoni and Deepika were almost engagement until Yuvraj Singh started showing his interest in Deepika.
Dhoni had revealed that he has a huge crush on Deepika. He had even started enquiring about her to Farah Khan who directed the actress and launched her in Bollywood with Om Shanti Om. Dhoni even reportedly asked Shah Rukh Khan to meet her.
It was that time when Deepika had become an overnight star and Dhoni had sailed India to victory in T20 World Cup. It was being said that Dhoni had invited Deepika to watch one of the matches at the stadium and the actress was seen cheering for him from the stands.
Things were hunky-dory between the two until Yuvraj started liking Deepika and wanted to get close to her. Dhoni was that man who would choose friendship over love. And that's what he did. He sacrificed his love Deepika for his close friend Yuvraj. And that's when Deepika and Yuvraj started seeing each other but even their romance was short-lived.
When Dhoni was asked about his affair with Deepika, he told the media that the rumours are anything but true and the media was just linking up them after they saw them together on a few occasions.
Dhoni also addressed the rumour of cutting his hair short on Deepika's advice. He said that he always liked his long hair look and felt the need for a new one which is the reason why he chopped off his long locks.
Well, some short things are best when they are kept alive in your memories and move on in life.
- From Amitabh, Shah Rukh to Kareena, Deepika: 7 Bollywood A-listers who acted for free in a film
- Deepika Padukone brutally trolled for announcing live chat with WHO Director-General
- Deepika Padukone to discuss mental health with WHO Director-General Tedros
- These 5 divine couple aced the role of Ram and Sita in Ramayan; Which is your favorite jodi?
- Spooky Hour: Did you know Ranveer Singh witnessed the ghost of Bajirao while shooting for a film? [Throwback]