Arsenal's Danny Welbeck (2nd R) celebrates after scoring a goal against Hull during their English Premier League match at the Emirates stadium in London October 18, 2014.Reuters

Arsenal managed to record a 2-2 draw and salvage a point against Hull City at the Emirates thanks to a late strike from Danny Welbeck .

Alexis Sanchez's early strike was kept out by Mohamed Diamé after only a few minutes before Abel Hernández put the Tigers in front right after the break. Just as it looks like Arsenal were heading for their first home defeat of the season, Welbeck scored right at the death to rescue a point for Arsenal.

The game started with the Gunners going in front in the 13th minute through Sanchez, who found the nets with a brilliant finish from a very tight angle.

However, Arsenal's lead did not last for long as they soon equalised through a controversial Mohamed Diame in the 17th minute.

The French-born striker appeared to have fouled Mathieu Flamini before finding the nets with an excellent chipped effort over Wojciech Szczęsny, but the referee dismissed the Gunners' protests and awarded the goal to Hull.

Hull goalkeeper Steve Harper, who was playing in place of the injured Allan McGregor, was himself forced off the pitch and replaced by Eldin Jakupović just before the half time due to a shoulder problem.

However, the injury did not bring down the Tigers' morale as they took the lead just after the break through Hernandez, who raced ahead of Per Mertesacker to head home from a Tom Huddlestone cross in the 46th minute.

Arsenal then began desperately searching for an equaliser as they started putting a lot of pressure on Hull's defence. While Michael Dawson prevented Welbeck from getting a one-on-one chance with the goalkeeper in the 54th minute, Santi Cazorla wasted an opportunity as he failed to make use of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's cross a couple of minutes later.

Finally, just as a defeat was looking inevitable for Arsenal, they went and grabbed an equaliser right at the death throughWelbeck, who found the bottom corner of the nets following some excellent work from Sanchez.

Meanwhile, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admitted that he was very disappointed with the result.

"It was a disappointing afternoon because we got a point but we had 80 per cent possession. It is a very disappointing result. We were unlucky with the referee on the first goal but on the second goal we can only blame ourselves," Wenger told Arsenal's official website.

"We came out of the dressing room with a lack of focus and gave them the lead straight away. It was difficult. I cannot fault the effort or the heart that we had in the game. The defensive concentration was missing on the second goal and when you make it difficult at that level you cannot give the goals away like that."

Arsenal vs Hull City 2-2 by myflexmood1