Resurrection Remix, one of the most popular mobile custom ROM developer community, has released the new firmware to Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
This new custom ROM is based on the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project), which has personalisation options including:
- Gestures control features
- Lockscreen short-cuts (with 100 plus Icons options)
- Quick slider shortcuts
- Notifications drawer (with weather display switch, quick settings, advance location setting options and more)
- New Clock widget (with clock & Alarm, calendar events and weather pane customisation options)
- App Circle Bar (with trigger width, height and position options)
- Animations (toast, listview and system features)
- Exclusive Resurrection Remix Pitch Black themes
- SuperUser indicator switch
- Comes with many more customisations and performance tweaks to enhance user-experience on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM):
- This new Resurrection Remix custom ROM has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) international LTE models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Galaxy Note 4) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 4-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Place Android 5.1 Lollipop zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of Resurrection Remix Android v5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]