Pakistani militant Mohammad Naveed, who was caught alive with the help of civilians after he attacked a BSF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur district, wants to now return to Pakistan and kill his Lashkar-e-Taiba handlers.

After being taken into custody on 5 August, Naveed (also Naved) had said that there is "fun" in "killing Hindus". However, he now thirsts for the blood of those who sent him across the border on a fedayeen mission that got him arrested instead.

"Please allow me to go back once to kill all those who sent me to Kashmir," Naveed told the investigators, Hindustan Times reports.

The interrogator, who has spent plenty of time questioning Naveed, said that the Pakistani militant was brainwashed by the terrorist organisation during the training programme. After training him to handle weapons, one Maulvi Bashir mentored him to become a jihadist.

"In a very typical manner of Lashkar, he was shown videos of atrocities committed on his Muslim brethren in India, particularly in Kashmir. After three courses, the first in physical fitness, the second in handling weapons and the last on carrying out a suicide attack, Naveed was launched by Lashkar across the border on June, 2," the investigator said.

It was further revealed that he was given some tablet before the attack and the investigators suspect that it could be a psychotropic substance. "He was asked to take a white tablet before the attack which we believe must be some kind of psychotropic substance that dulled his senses," the investigator said.

Naveed was the black sheep in his family

Naveed's elder brother is a college lecturer, while he himself is a school drop out and a gambler. When he dropped out of school after class 5, he got involved in gambling and spent most of his time playing card games and billiards. He was once caught stealing money from his own house, the 22-year-old had told investigators from the National Investigation Agency (NIA).

But there's not a single case against him at any police station as the police would set him free after thrashing him, Naveed said. His family was least bothered about his whereabouts after he went missing. 

"His elder brother and brother-in-law both are college lecturers, therefore in the typical middle class family of Faisalabad, Naveed, was written off as a bad apple much earlier. His family doesn't seem to have made much effort in inquiring about his absence after he joined the LeT," the investigator said.

"He remembers the name of the local thana and of its officer-in-charge who had given him a sound thrashing for the first time," he added.

The investigator also revealed that Naveed was sent to India on 2 June and had been here for nearly two months before he attacked the BSF convoy. During those two months, he had taken shelter in the houses of villagers who are allegedly sympathisers of militants from across the border.

"His interrogation has helped us to identify more than three dozen Lashkar overt and underground supporters in the Valley who sheltered Naveed and his associates during the two months he roamed around before attacking the BSF bus," the investigator said.

The attack on the BSF bus in Udhampur was Naveed's second attempt at a fidayeen attack. Investigators say he tried to attack security forces in the same area a month back along with another associate, but chickened out at the last moment.

He was scolded and sent with another associate Noman to attack security forces again. This time also he chickened out and couldn't shoot straight leading to his arrest.

Two Indian army jawans were killed and eight others were injured in the attack. While Noman was killed in the encounter, security forces arrested Naveed, who was trying to flee with three hostages, who later overpowered him.