In her 2.5 hour-long speech, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced measures to boost the ailing economy and major tax reliefs. Here's how the political leaders reacted to it.
Feb 1, 2020
Prime Minister Narendra Modi asserted that the Budget Session of Parliament would try to establish a base for the bright future of this decade and economy would be the centre of discussion.
Jan 31, 2020
Nirmala's Budget 2019: 'Gaon, gareeb, kisan' to be core agenda, India inc new job creator, 25% tax for Rs 400 cr firms
According to the convention, the government refrains from announcing any direct tax proposals in the interim budget that might require an amendment to the Income Tax Act
Jan 31, 2019
- Coronavirus layoffs: Indian H-1B visa holders leave US in 60 days
- Who is Rishikesha T Krishnan? IIM Bangalore gets new director
- 9 bikes Yamaha should bring to India: YZF-R6, MT-03, Super Tenere, and more!
- Medicines, arms, weeks of ration recovered: How Indian Army eliminated 5 deadly terrorists in J&K
- Pakistani media just killed UK PM Boris Johnson; Dawn sees dusk for fake news