A new BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM has been made available to the 2013 flagship HTC One M7 (GSM) smartphone.
According to Team Android, this new BeanStalk custom ROM is based on CyanogenMod version and is said to bring customisation options to boost device performance, new visual interface, shortcut for easy access to key apps and loads of personalisation options such as:
- Active display (like we see in the Moto X smartphones)
- Dual-pane options
- Custom boot-animations (developed by skyliner33v)
- Custom BeanStalk wallpapers (developed by skyliner33v)
- New status bar with color and transparency options
- Breathing SMS option
- Theme chooser option
- Advanced custom toggle
- Navbar and dpi enhancements
- Kill app back-button option with customisable time-out values
- Custom notifications header
- HALO window will now be movable and scalable
- Dark BeanStalk themes
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user experience.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM):
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- This new BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware has to be installed on the HTC One M7(GSM) model only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (HTC One M7) smartphone will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step Guide of BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM Installation on HTC One M7 (GSM) model:
Step 1: Download BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM (HERE) in to your PC.
Step 2: Connect HTC One M7 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 4.4.4 KitKat zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have been rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery tool.]
Step 4: Later, place boot.img file in to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory
Step 5: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 6: Perform the regular Bootloader mode sortie, by press holding 'Volume (Down)' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 7: After entering the Bootloader mode (on the phone), go to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory (on the PC) and open Command prompt, then type in: 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and press enter.
(To enter Command prompt: Shift + right-click >> open Command Prompt)
Step 8: Then, type - 'fastboot rebooot' and press enter. Then, follow instructions displayed on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER option to enter Recovery Mode.
Step 9: After entering the Recovery mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 10: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 11: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 12: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 13: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.4 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 14: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (HTC One M7) will take a few minutes (only for the first time) to complete the booting process.
Head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]