The hype around Sony Xperia Z4 has gained momentum with its release date getting closer. Several features of the device have been leaked despite the Japanese electronics giant keeping mum all this while.
There are conflicting reports on the release date of the Xperia Z4 with some claiming that it would be unveiled at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show 2015 (CES 2015) in January, while others say it would happen at the Mobile World Conference 2015 (MWC 2015) to be held in March.
However, it is very likely to unveil the device at the CES, as the company has scheduled a conference at the event. It is reported that Sony would announce several mid-range devices along with Xperia Z4 and Xperia Z4 Ultra.
Meanwhile, specifications of the Xperia Z4 have been leaked over the last few weeks. Here are killer features of the device we know so far:
1) Display: There are conflicting reports on the screen size of the flagship device. Phone Arena claimed that the device might sport a 5.4-inch Quad HD Triluminos display, contradicting earlier report that it might come with a 5.5-inch screen. However, Tech Radar reported that it would keep 4.7-inch screen size of the Xperia Z3 but with a 1080p resolution.
2) Processor: The next-generation smartphone is expected to be powered by either a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor.
3) Operating System: The device is very likely to come with Google's new OS, Android 5.0 Lollipop.
4) Memory: The Xperia Z4 is expected to come packed with 32GB internal memory and 4GB RAM.
5) Camera: The device may house a 20.7MP main camera and 4.8MP front snapper.
6) Battery: It is reported that the upcoming device might sport a 3420 mAh battery though not confirmed.
Sony is yet to reveal the specifications of its new device but Tech Radar reported that it would feature IP68 water and dust proof certification and LTE Cat 9 connectivity. There were also reports that it would come with a Qi Wireless Charging but might do away with microSD card slot.