Just a few weeks stand between Indian motor enthusiasts and the launch of Royal Enfield's highly anticipated Himalayan adventure motorcycle. The Himalayan is expected to go on sale in India in March.
As biking enthusiasts get ready to press the throttle of the new Himalayan Adventure, we go beyond the details by listing everything you need to know about the new adventure tourer from Royal Enfield.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan will be powered by a 411-cc oil-cooled single-cylinder engine tuned to dish out 24.5bhp at 6,500rpm and 32Nm torque at 4,000 and 4,500rpm, with five-speed transmission.
- The Himalayan measures 2,190mm in length, 840mm in width, and 1,360mm in height (fly-screen top). It has a wheelbase of 1,465mm and offers a ground clearance of 220mm.
- The new adventure tourer comes with 41-mm front forks and a monoshock in the rear, and rides on a 21-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear wheel.
- To be positioned below the Classic 500 and the Continental GT, Royal Enfield Himalayan is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 1.65-1.85 lakh.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan is believed to come with the most affordable price tag in the adventure motorcycle segment.
- The braking duties in the Himalayan are taken care of by a 300mm disc in the front and a 240mm disc in the rear.
- The engine will have a 10,000-km oil-change interval and the spark plug a 25,000km change interval.
- The Himalayan comes equipped with a semi-digital instrumentation cluster with an analogue speedo and tacho and a digital tripmeter. The motorcycle's instrument cluster also features an altimeter.