The year 2014 has perhaps seen the highest number of people joining the "Billionaire's Club".
Let's take a look at some staggering statistics:
- The number of billionaires doubled from 793 in March 2009 to 1,645 in March 2014.
- The global High Net worth Individual (HNI) wealth grew by 14% in 2013 reaching a record $52.6 trillion.
- Nearly 2 million people joined the Nigh Net worth Individuals category in 2014 rounding the total population up to 14 million!
And some Fun Facts:
- If you combined the wealth of 85 of the wealthiest people in the world, the figure would be equal to that of the poorest half of the global population.
- The number of billionaires are multiplying by half a million dollars every minute!
- It will take the World's richest man 220 years to spend all the money!
Also, Some Trends:
- Most HNI's now focus on wealth growth rather than wealth preservation.
- Cash investments and equities continue to be major investment havens among the HNIs.
According to CapGemini's World Wealth report, the global wealth is expected to peak to $64.3 trillion by 2016 growing at a pace of 6.9%.
Most of the growth is expected from the Asia-Pacific region, which is slated to grow 1.5 times the global average.
The Rich Cream of 2014
While a number of newbies have made their debut in the rich club, some renowned names have managed to stay atop their games this year. Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison have all claimed their spots on the Forbes rich list of 2014, as if they were to stay there permanently.
Scroll up to see the richest men of 2014.