PlayerUnknown's Battleground (PUBG)-developer Tencent Games, as promised released the much awaited Vikendi snow map with v0.10.0 update for both Android and iOS platforms simultaneously. It went live in the early hours 5:30 am IST in India, but the matchmaking start the next day (21 December) same time, as the new update is said to be a little over 1GB and the company has given 24 hours for the fans to download it and get ready for the new challenge in the snowy weather.
In the latest update, the company claims the Vikendi is 6km x 6km map and it has added several new themes, cold weather matching costumes for PUBG Mobile players, snowmobile and also new Firearms Finish Upgrade System, so that players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes, additional kill effects, distinctive kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
Here's how to update your PUBG Mobile with Vikendi Map on your phone:
If you haven't received any notification, go to Google Play store, type PUBG Mobile, there you will find 'Update' button and click it.
Here too, the procedure is the same. Go to App Store>> type PUBG Mobile and tap the 'Update' button.
Note: Make sure, you are connected to Wi-Fi or else the update (more 1GB) will eat away the daily internet allowance unless you have subscribed to an unlimited 4G pack.
PUBG Vikendi snow map: Full notes on new features
New weather added: Snow
- Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
- Snowball Fight added to Vikendi's Spawn Island.
- Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event centre!
- Added Arabic support.
- Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers.
- Players that repeatedly exiting matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time.
- Players may now report suspicious behaviour while spectating after dying.
- Added a layout for players with large hands.
- Added tags to items with quality, categories and background information.
- Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel's Spawn Island. Season 1's winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes. Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018!
- Players' best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players.
- Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
- New commands added to Quick Chat.
- Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
- Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get an upgradable weapon to finish Glacier - M416 when they finish daily missions.
- Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes.
- Added a feature in the backpack to show sources of unobtained items when tapped.
Other Improvements include
- Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat.
- Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages.
- Shop's front page has been tuned to emphasize themes of each major update.
Earlier in the week, the company released a software patch to fix some teething issues including resolution detection bug on iPad Pro (12.9-inch), resolves the 'ultra' frame rate setting issue, wherein HD Mode was not available, also fixed low graphics quality affecting some devices and also rectified a bug where sound from left channel used to be louder than the right channel in certain scenarios.