There were speculations that Priyanka Chopra will get engaged to her boyfriend Nick Jonas either at the end of July or sometime in August. While there hasn't been any clarifications about the engagement news, Bharat director Ali Abbas Zafar has fuelled engagement and wedding rumours with his new tweet.
The filmmaker took to Twitter to announce that PeeCee has opted out of Salman Khan starrer Bharat for a "very very special" reason. The director poked fun at her relationship with Nick in the tweet and caused a frenzy online.
"Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm & and the reason is very very special , she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her ... Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love & happiness for life," he tweeted.
This was enough for fans to understand that Priyanka is about to take a huge step in her personal life and Bharat's schedule dates could be coming in between the wedding plans. Sources told Bollywood Life that the actress's decision was made late Thursday evening and it has left Salman baffled.
Priyanka, who was in India and was recently spotted meeting Farhan Akhtar for The Sky is Pink earlier this week, was gearing up for Bharat.
According to a Mirror report, Priyanka walked out of Bharat because she had bagged a much bigger role. It is unclear if it a Bollywood or a Hollywood project. A source told the publication that Priyanka is scheduled to start shooting for Shonali Bose's The Sky Is Pink in mid-August.
Bharat had already begun filming with Salman and Disha. A two-day song shoot took place featuring the two stars. It was choreographed by Vaibhavi Merchant. Director Zafar shared a sneak peek into the shoot on social media platforms recently.
Bharat also stars Tabu and Sunil Grover in key roles, and is a remake of the 2014 Korean film Ode to My Father. Bharat is set to release during Eid 2019.