Hillary Clinton and Donald trump
Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump shakes hands with Democratic U.S. presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at the conclusion of their first presidential debate.Reuters

Tonight will decide who is going to be the next president of the United States, either Democrat Hillary Clinton or Republican Donald Trump. However, if you are not happy with the elections result, you can just opt out and head to Canada. Yes, you read that right, if you do not like the next president of the US, Canada is inviting you over.

Reports state that during this year's presidential elections in America, queries from Canadians living in the US and even Americans considering heading to Canada have increased by 20 percent. People in the US have actively started looking for properties in the neighbouring country.

"They're just coming over, 'We're looking to move over this way.'... People are actively looking for properties on this side of the border. They're just coming on their own. We haven't been advertising," Gabe Valente of the Essex County, Ontario, real estate market, told USAToday.

Most of the people from the US who are looking to head to Canada are those who are against Donald Trump's presidency. And it is not just the regular citizens, even celebrities like Bryan Caston of Breaking Bad fame, singer Barbra Streisand and Lena Dunham of Girls fame have said that they would move to Canada.

Soon after the US elections' caucus and primary season, the Canadian federal immigration agency saw a significant increase in web traffic from American IP addresses in March. Reports state that around 12.3% of the more than 13.6 million people who raised the immigration queries were from the United States. The spike was again noticed in the month of June before the Republican National Convention where more than 10.2 percent of the 12.4 million queries were reported from the United States.

"All applicants who apply to Canada's immigration programs are treated equally no matter where they are from. Americans can emigrate to Canada, provided they meet the qualifications. There are a number of avenues that applicants for permanent residence can consider in order to immigrate to Canada," Citizenship and Immigration Canada spokeswoman Lindsay Wemp said.