As reviewers and critics praise 2K's latest video game on professional basketball -- NBA 2K16 -- the company has released its first patch for the game.
The patch will weigh 87MB, said NBA2K. Though the download will automatically be updated to the game when it starts, if it does not, then players will have to restart their Steam client.
Players will have to wait for the official patch notes to roll out. Below are some of the updates that have been made to the PC version:
- Fixed the missing icons above players head when using icon pass (R1/RB)
- Addressed an issue where the game's main menu would freeze during initial loading
- Removed the black horizontal bar that appears at the bottom of the screen after minimising and maximising the game
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
- Fixes for the most commonly reported crash issues
Meanwhile, the 2K looks like it has scripted its success when it comes to NBA 2K16, as the game has sold more than 4 million units around the world, a franchise record.
"Congratulations to 2K Sports on their early record-breaking success with NBA 2K16. Each year, 2K has continued to raise their commitment to innovation, authenticity and gameplay - bringing fans the very best with the NBA 2K franchise," said Matt Holt, NBA vice president, global merchandising, Operation Sports reported.