Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja got married on May 8 according to Sikh rituals in the presence of their close friends from Bollywood and their respective family members. The wedding took place at Kavita Singh's (Sonam's mother Sunita Kapoor's sister) heritage bungalow which is next to Shah Rukh Khan's mansion, Mannat in Bandstand, Mumbai.
After months of speculations, the Kapoor and the Ahuja families have finally announced Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja's marriage in a joint statement to the media.
"The Kapoor and Ahuja families, take great joy and pride, in announcing the marriage of Sonam and Anand. The wedding will take place on the 8th of May in Mumbai. Since it is an intimate affair, we request you to respect the family's need for privacy. Thank you for all your blessings and love, as we celebrate this special moment in our lives," read the statement.
Earlier, the couple was planning to get married in Geneva, Switzerland but because Sonam's grand mom can't travel that far, the Kapoor family decided to change the venue and kept it close to their residence.
While both the Kapoors and the Ahujas are currently in a celebratory mode, you all need to know some things about Sonam Kapoor's husband-to-be just days before her marriage ceremony.
Who is Anand Ahuja?
He is a Delhi-based businessman and CEO, Managing Director of his own apparels company named Bhane which he founded in 2013 for his love for clothing and sneakers. Born on July 7 to a Hindu family, Ahuja did his schooling from American Embassy School in New Delhi and later went to the University of Pennsylvania and graduated with a Bachelors in International Relations and Economics. He later enrolled in Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Wharton school of the University of Pennsylvania.
What is Anand Ahuja's net worth?
Apart from being a CEO and MD of Bhane, Ahuja is also the Managing Director of his family-owned company Shahi Exports which he joined in 2011. The company is considered as one of the largest export houses in India. According to reports, Shahi Exports' annual turnover is of about $450 Million. He is also the co-founder of the multi-brand shoe store called Veg Non-Veg which retails popular brands like Adidas and Nike and other brands which are not so popular as well.
However, Ahuja's exact net worth is not known yet.
Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja love story?
It is being said that Anand Ahuja met Sonam Kapoor in July, 2014 through her stylist and close friend Pernia Qureshi, who also happens to be close friends with Anand. He proposed her within a month and the Veere Di Wedding actress replied with a yes. Since then, the two have been flooding the internet with the never-ending PDA. And Sonam is often spotted wearing Bhane apparels during her outings or while attending any events. In fact, Anand also helped Sonam to choose her Cannes 2017 red carpet outfit and recommended the Kapoor sisters to designers — Mriga Kapadiya and Amrit Kumar.
It is also being said that Anand helped Sonam and Rhea to set up their fashion brand called Rheason in 2015. The high street clothing brand, which is quite afffordable and tailor-made for Indian girls, is available across all Shoppers Stop outlets.
Anand Ahuja - Lesser known facts
- The 33-year-old had been living in the posh South Delhi neighborhood of Jor Bagh where he grew up. He now lives with his family in Golf Links, New Delhi which is at a walkable distance from the Delhi's famous Khan Market. The location is considered as one of the most expensive areas in the capital city.
- Ahuja started working as an assistant buyer at Macy's after quitting his banking job in the US. After learning much about retailing, he started working with his uncle in his wholesale apparel firm and later assisted his father, before launching his own clothing brand Bhane. He also did an internship with as a product manager Amazon in Seattle, USA.
- If you ask him who is India's most stylish celebrity, Anand could only think of one name and that is Sonam Kapoor ofcourse.
- He likes to go out in a raw denim, a blue shirt over a white tee and sneakers.
- He is obsessed with Nike shoe brand but he also likes Adidas, Neil Barrett, Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs.
- He loves playing basketball and is a big supporter of Los Angeles Lakers basketball team.
- His favorite food is a Brazilian dish named Acai bowl.
- He likes traveling around the world and Europe and New York are his favorite holiday destinations.
- He is 5 feet 9 inch tall and weighs around 70 kgs.