The third season of the Showtime series "Masters of Sex" will be premiered on Sunday, 12 July, with episode 1 titled "Parliament of Owls", and ahead of its arrival, the cast has also been announced.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Emily Kinney, whose character Beth Greene was recently shot dead in the AMC horror drama "The Walking Dead", will be seen in a recurring role in the Martin Sheen-Lizzy Caplan starrer.
Kinney was recently seen as the Bug-Eyed Bandit in The CW's "The Flash" and as Jennifer Schroeder in ABC's cancelled series "Forever". She will now take on the role of Nora, a child that grew up next door to Bill (Michael Sheen) and Libby (Caitlin Fitzgerald), now in her 20s, and willing to be a sex surrogate for the Masters' research.
Other newcomers in "Masters of Sex" season 3 are:
- Josh Charles, who played one of the main cast Will Gardner in CBS' "The Good Wife", until his character was shot dead in season 5.
- Maggie Grace, who was recently seen in Simon Helberg comedy "We'll Never Have Paris" and Liam Neeson's "Taken 3, will portray a gynaecologist in the next season of the Showtime series.
- Tate Donovan, who played Mark Boudreau in the TV series "24: Live Another Day".
- Julie Ann Emery, who played Betsy Kettleman in AMC series "Better Call Saul".
- Isabelle Fuhrman, who is best known for playing Clove in "The Hunger Games", will replace Kayla Madison, as Libby's daughter Tessa Johnson.
SPOILERS for Season 3 Episode 1 'Parliament of Owls' ahead:
The new season will open with Masters and Virginia Johnson (Lizzy Caplan) facing press for the first time.
The premiere episode, "Parliament of Owls", will also see the flashback to one summer vacation where Bill is finishing up their book as Virginia struggles with parenting. The viewers will also get to see Libby trying to pull herself out of depression.
Watch out for season 3 episode 1 of "Masters of Sex" on Showtime at 10pm (EST) on Sunday, 12 July.