Here are a few highlights from Tej Pratap's wedding:
- The traditional and yet lavish ceremony was held in Patna. A poster showing Tej Pratap Yadav as Lord Shiva and his wife Aishwarya Rai as Goddess Parvati was put up outside Rabri Devi's bungalow.
- The wedding was attended by several politicos like chief minister Nitish Kumar, union ministers Ram Vilas Paswan and Upendra Kushwaha, Bihar Governor Satya Pal Malik, MP Shatrughan Sinha, former Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav and his wife Dimple Yadav, former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar, Ram Jethmalani, NCP leaders Praful Patel and Tariq Anwar, Sharad Yadav, among other ministers.
- Around 50 horses and elephants, and several tribal drummers were also present at the event.
- Besides being welcomed by the sounds of nagada, Bhangra music also greeted the guests.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav has been granted a three-day parole from jail after being convicted to 14 years in prison in the fodder scam case.
- The RJD supremo, along with his wife Rabri Devi, son and ex-deputy chief minister Tejashwi Yadav and Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti danced to several Bhojpuri hits like Lagawelu jab lipstick and other Hindi songs.
- Even the newly wedded couple joined their family members on the dance floor.
- The celebrations were disrupted by an unruly crowd that entered a cordoned area meant for VIPs and the media and started looting food items.
- The crowd damaged the crockery and upturned several tables and chairs. RJD members had to wield sticks in order to chase the mob away, as reported by NDTV.
- While a few media personnel complained that their equipment was damaged, caterers reported that the mob looted their utensils.
Here are a few pictures of the ceremony:
Congratulations to newly married couple Tej Pratap Yadav & Aishwarya?#Bihar CM #NitishKumar attended the ceremony and the way #LaluPrasadYadav & family gestured him proves how strong our Indian culture is!!!#TejPratap #wedding #Patna #TejPratapYadav #Congratulation pic.twitter.com/QHuCtar8iq
— Aditya (@adit0205) May 12, 2018