Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam supremo M Karunanidhi was hospitalised on Thursday, July 26 after his health deteriorated due to age-related ailments. The 94-year-old former chief minister of Tamil Nadu is being treated by doctors of the Kauvery hospital.
Here are the Live updates:
- DMK Working President MK Stalin said that his father is recovering.
"He (M Karunanidhi) is recovering steadily as his fever is coming down." Stalin said, reported ANI.
- President Ram Nath Kovind also took to Twitter to wish Karunanidhi a speedy recovery.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to DMK working president MK Stalin and his sister Kanimozhi and enquired about their father's health.
- D Jayakumar said the DMK chief is "doing well."
"Karunanidhi will return in good health soon," News 18 quoted Jayakumar as saying.
- Actor and Makkal Needhi Maiam leader Kamal Haasan were also among the political leaders who visited the former CM.
- Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, senior AIADMK leaders D Jayakumar, P Thangamani and SP Velumani visited Karunanidhi on Thursday night, reported Indian Express.
- Karunanidhi is being taken care of in his Goplapuram house.
- Kauvery Hospital's executive director Aravindan Selvaraj issued a medical bulletin saying, ""He is currently being treated for fever due to urinary tract infection with intravenous antibiotics and fluids. He is being monitored and treated round the clock by a team of medical and nursing professionals, who are providing hospital-level care at his home."