Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) have chosen a 24-member squad for the 11th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Virat Kohli will captain the side.
At the players auction in Bengaluru on January 27 and 28, RCB invested Rs 7.4 crore on England all-rounder Chris Woakes. He was their costliest buy.
The Bangalore franchise was always lacking in bowling reserves. They depended on their explosive batsmen to deliver. However, at times, they were let down by the bowling unit. This time around they have strengthened the bowling.
Young offspinner Washington Sundar has been signed up along with Umesh Yadav, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Yuzvendra Chahal, M Ashwin, Navdeep Saini and others.
Chris Gayle won't be a part of RCB squad this time. So is local boy KL Rahu. Both the players were signed up by Kings XI Punjab.
Here is the complete squad of RCB for IPL 2018
Total squad members - 24; Batsmen - 6; Bowlers - 9; Wicketkeepers - 2; All-rounders - 7; Overseas players - 8
Players retained - 3; Players bought at auction - 21
Costliest player - Virat Kohli (Rs 17 crore). Top buy at auction - Chris Woakes - Rs 7.4 crore
Money spent - Rs 79.85 crore. Funds remaining - Rs 15 lakh
- Virat Kohli (Batsman) - Rs 17 cr (Retained)
- AB de Villiers (Batsman) (South Africa) - Rs 11 cr (Retained) - Overseas
- Sarfaraz Khan (Batsman) - Rs 3 cr (Retained)
- Chris Woakes (All-rounder) (England) - Rs 7.4 cr - Overseas
- Yuzvendra Chahal (Legspinner) - Rs 6 cr
- Umesh Yadav (Fast bowler) - Rs 4.2 cr
- Brendon McCullum (Batsman) (New Zealand) - Rs 3.6 cr - Overseas
- Washington Sundar (All-rounder) - Rs 3.2 cr
- Navdeep Saini (Fast bowler) - Rs 3 cr
- Quinton de Kock (Wicketkeeper) (South Africa) - Rs 2.8 cr - Overseas
- Mohammed Siraj (Fast bowler) - Rs 2.6 cr
- Nathan Coulter-Nile (Fast bowler) (Australia) - Rs 2.2 cr - Overseas
- Colin de Grandhomme (All-rounder) (New Zealand) - Rs 2.2 cr - Overseas
- M Ashwin (Legspinner) - Rs 2.2 cr
- Parthiv Patel (Wicketkeeper) - Rs 1.7 cr
- Moeen Ali (All-rounder) (England) - Rs 1.7 cr - Overseas
- Mandeep Singh (Batsman) - Rs 1.4 cr
- Manan Vohra (Batsman) - Rs 1.1 cr
- Pawan Negi (All-rounder) - Rs 1 cr
- Tim Southee (Fast bowler) (New Zealand) - Rs 1 cr - Overseas
- Kulwant Khejroliya (Fast bowler) - Rs 85 lakh
- Aniket Choudhary (Fast bowler) - Rs 30 lakh
- Pavan Deshpande (All-rounder) - Rs 20 lakh
- Anirudha Joshi (All-rounder) - Rs 20 lakh