Apple's upcoming flagship smartphone dubbed the iPhone 7 might be months away from seeing the light of day but speculations on its release date and features have being doing the rounds for a few weeks now.
The iPhone 7 is expected to be launched in the third quarter of 2015; at around the same time the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were released. Apple Inc. has a tradition of keeping mum on the release date and features of its flagship devices.
Not much is known about the features of the upcoming iPhone 7 but fans might want to see some changes and upgrades over its predecessor.
Here are five major features fans might want in Apple's Next Gen Smartphone, iPhone 7:
1) Display: Apple fans welcomed iPhone with a bigger screen when the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 was released a couple of months ago. So, some may want a still bigger phone for the upcoming iPhone 7, perhaps a 5.0-inch screen. However, increasing the screen beyond 5 inch may not be desirable as the iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen.
2) Memory: The iPhone 6 has 16/64/128 GB internal memory and 1GB RAM but its counterparts like Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8) and others have more storage. Apple fans will love to see at least a 2GB, or even 3GB RAM in the iPhone 7.
3) Camera: The iPhone 6 has an 8MP main camera and a 1.2MP front snapper but fans might want to see an upgrade in the upcoming next-generation smartphone – probably a 13MP or 16MP camera.
4) Screen Resolution: Apple needs to improve picture display quality as its rivals are well ahead in this department. The iPhone 6 has only 750 x 1334 pixels screen resolution (326 ppi pixel density) compared to more than 400ppi seen in other flagship smartphones. So, Apple fans will expect better screen resolution in the next iPhone.
5) Battery: Short battery life is what most iPhone users have been complaining of. The iPhone 6 has a non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery with talk time of up to 14 hours, 50 hours on music play mood and 250 hours standby time but fans will expect a much stronger battery.
According to reports that have appeared so far, the iPhone 7 will have several feature upgrades over its predecessor, the iPhone 6. iPhone7update website reported that the new iPhone might boast of liquid metal chassis, quad-core A8 processor, and 256GB internal memory, while John Gruber said on The Talk Show (via The Tech Block) that a two-lens system with the capability of taking high quality pictures could be seen in the next iPhone.