Every year on 8 March International Women's Day is celebrated to promote equality and women's right.
International Women's Day has been observed across the world since early 1900's, but the 8 March celebrations came into being only after United Nations General Assembly declared it in 1977 as the UN Day for women's rights and world peace.
Since 1977, every year thousands of events are held to celebrate women's achievement in their respective fields.
To celebrate the International Women's Day, here are 15 inspirational quotes:
1. "Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity." - Gandhi
2. "Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size." -- Virginia Woolf
3. "A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult." -- Melinda Gates
4. "Whatever glory belongs to the race for a development unprecedented in history for the given length of time, a full share belongs to the womanhood of the race." -- Mary Mcleod Bethune
5. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
6. "Dream the dreams that have never been dreamt." -- David Bower
7. "The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world." -- Charles Malik
8. "Remember the dignity of your womanhood. Do not appeal, do not beg, do not grovel. Take courage, join hands, stand besides us, fight with us." -- Christabel Pankhurst
9. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
10. "The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it." -- Roseanne Barr
11. "I believe that it is as much a right and duty for women to do something with their lives as for men and we are not going to be satisfied with such frivolous parts as you give us." --Louisa May Alcott
12. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness." -- Oprah Winfrey
13. "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman." -- Margaret Thatcher
14. "Women are the real architects of society." -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
15. "We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change." - Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook)
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)